Two

She had been in the classroom, sitting on her chair and desk made of rock and sand. The lesson: how to separate kelp from moss. Coral had learnt this many times before.

"Kelp has a crispy, salty feeling." The teacher had said. Coral reluctantly jotted this down. She had wished she could just disappear. Then she could actually use her precious brain cells on something more important.

The next thing she knew, the teacher was swimming over her desk and yelling her name.

Coral had been suspended from school because of it. She sighed at the memory, wishing everyone would just forget. She sunk into her nest and slipped into sleep.

The next day, she swam off to school. She swished through the halls, eyes flitting to and fro onto the posters on the walls. Her eye caught on a sign up sheet.

It read:
SIGN UP NOW FOR A CHANCE TO BE IN THE SHORE SCIENCE CLUB! WRITE YOUR NAME BELOW TO AUDITION TO SEE IF YOUR FIT TO EXPLORE THE PHYSICS OF THE SHORE COLONIES!

Coral quickly etched her name into the sandy tablet with the stencil provided, entering for a chance to learn more about the world above them.

This was rare. The Shore Colonies weren't typically options for a seahorse her age to visit.

But maybe, just maybe, she could go.

~Hope Yinz liked Chapter Two! Read more to find out if Coral can get into the club! :3~
Gwyndolyn ✍️