Chapter Four

The next morning, Cyleste wakes me up and tells me it's time to board the train. Finally. Away from the stupid Capitol. However, one thought occurs to me. I'm going to have to share a house with Cato. The blonde fiend. My enemy. How wonderful.

    I climb out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth, I slip into the shower. Lemon scented shampoo is squirted onto my head and I massage my hair. It actually smells pretty nice.

    A few minutes later, I climb out of the shower and put on cargo shorts and a simple black t-shirt. Something comfortable, and a bit more "my style". As I'm coming my hair, there's a knock on the door. I don't bother replying, because whoever it is, has already invited themselves inside.

    I poke my head outside the bathroom and spot a familiar tall, blonde, muscular figure. What could he possibly want now? "Can I help you?" I inquire, setting down the comb.

    "Enobaria says we're leaving in ten minutes. Be ready or we're leaving without you, " He replies, sitting down on my bed.

    "I highly doubt, " I begin, "that the train would leave without one of the Victors."

    Cato merely shrugs. "I don't know. But I'm just telling you what I was told."

    "Great. Can you leave now?" I impatiently question, crossing my arms.

    "Shut up, " He says, "Just shut up. Stop with the attitude, and stop acting like you're better than everyone, because you're not better than everyone. You make us all miserable."

    This catches me off guard and I just stand there with my mouth gaping open. "Err...okay..." I mutter. He needs to get his facts straight. I don't have an attitude and I don't act like I'm better than everyone. If anyone acts like that, it's him. Not me. Him.

    He gets off the bed and walks towards me. "And another thing, " He starts, "You better start treating me with some respect, or you're going to get us both killed."

    "Then why don't you start treating me with respect. How do you think I feel? You barely tell me anything about what's going on and you just expect me to cooperate, " I retort, clenching my fists. "It's hard enough pretending to be in love with you, and now my life is going to be even worse because I'm going to have to live with you."

    "You think I want this? Because I don't. I should have killed you. Snapped your neck. It would have saved me a whole lot of trouble."

    "Then why don't you? Do it. Right now, " I urge. I'm testing him, I know he isn't going to do anything. He's just blowing off some steam. He's far too weak to do anything to me, and if he does kill me, that's going to cause the Capitol to ask a lot of questions.

    "For someone so smart, that's a pretty dumb thing to say, " Cato hisses.

    "You're weak. You don't have a mind of your own. You're just a slave to the Capitol."

    "You don't know anything about me."

    He's getting really worked up, now. I can see it. His fists are clenched, his face is red, and he's obviously clenching his jaw because the bones are popping in and out. "I know that you're really mad and I've gotten to you, " I state, smirking.

    "I'm not mad!" He barks, sending me a death glare.

    I grin at him and reply, "Tell that to the vein popping out of your forehead."

    Cato is about to reply, when my bedroom door opens again and Enobaria enters. "Time to go, you guys, " She says then exits the room.

    I hesitate for a moment, then take Cato's hand and lead him out of the room. He's barely holding onto my hand, which, slightly annoys me. He tells me to act the best that I can, yet he's not participating very well himself, either.

    We board the train and I sit down on one of the couches; Cato sitting next to me. He doesn't say anything to me, and I don't say anything to him. I hope we aren't being watched. Because our performance right now would be very unconvincing.

    After thinking about the entire situation for a few minutes, I come to the conclusion, that we are both at fault. Am I going to apologize? No, of course not. I never apologize. He can apologize to me first.

    However, there's a nagging feeling in the back of my mind telling me that I should apologize first. Why? I have no idea. But I'm not going to listen to it. There's honestly no need for me to apologize...is there?

    "Cato, I'm sorry." The words are out of my mouth before I even have time to comprehend what I'm saying. What the heck is wrong with me?! I'm Clove, I do not apologize or feel sorry.

    He looks at me, with one of his trademark smirks, and replies, "I know."