Chapter Eighteen

Ayy what up?! LightningThief94 here XD so tomorrow, I have Friday classes (it's this thing for home schoolers like me...) and ALL MY CLASSES ARE ON DIFFERENT LEVELS OF THE BUILDING >:/ meh. I did not sign up for learning AND exercise. Aha, kidding I- what? You...you don't care? WELL THEN. 

   Truthfully, I am almost one-hundred percent sure that a very small part of me may...uhm...be attracted to the blonde fiend that is Cato. For some demented, insane reason, I'm suddenly beginning to understand why he has so many fangirls. For one, he, by far, is the best-looking guy in Pane- I mean the district...

    Not only that, but, his personality isn't that bad, either. He can be pretty caring, funny, and intellectual when he wants to be. 

   Frowning slightly at my own and utter confusion, I get off from the couch in which I have come to know so well. We haven't seen or heard from Aden...I mean Raja...I mean Aden? Oh, you get what I mean. Anyway, we haven't heard from Ms. Two-Face-Raja-Aden-Whatever in awhile, so, I suppose that's a good thing. Right?

   In fact, things have been unusually quiet lately. It's kind of strange, but, I'll take it. Of course, silence could be anyone's greatest enemy and weakness. 

    A sudden sigh escapes my lips, and I remember when Cato and I actually kissed. For real. No cameras. And it was only two days ago. Speaking of Cato, look who's bounding down the stairs now stuffing a sandwich into his mouth.

    "You know you're not supposed to have food upstairs, " I scold, pursing my lips.

   Cato rolls his eyes and shoves the rest of the sandwich in his mouth. "Yes, mom, " He replies, chewing his food loudly.

    I can't believe those are the same lips I kissed.

    "Can you be a little less disgusting?" I ask, frowning.

    He puckers his lips, which, by the way, are covered in bits of lettuce and mayo. "You know you love it, Clovely."

    Shaking my head in disgust, I head towards the front door. "In your dreams, Blondie."

   I actually hear him swallow, before questioning, "Hey! Where are you going? Come on! I didn't mean to gross you out...! I'm a guy, it's what I do!"

   Laughing slightly, I stop by the door and turn to face him. "I'm going to train for a bit. You can come...but, when we're there...I don't know you."

    Cato pouts. "What's that supposed to mean?"

   Letting out a puff of air, I place my hands on  my hips. "It means, your hair is a mess, you've got sandwich bits all over your lips, and your outfit is completely mismatched."

   Of course, I don't really care about the things I had just listed...well, except for the sandwich part. However, he looked extremely cute in that boyish kind of way with his messy hair and mismatched outfit.

   "Like that's ever stopped you before!" He exclaimed, raising his eyebrows, "Yeah, that's right. I know your dirty little secret."

    "Um...what?" I ask, completely, and utterly baffled. But my heart beats rapidly inside of my chest, and I wonder if he knows that I may like him a little bit. That's not possible though, I've only thought about that I may like him. I've never actually told anyone...unless he can read minds, which I highly doubt.

    "Oh, don't act like you don't know, " He coos, raising an eyebrow.

   Folding my arms, I can feel my facial expression shifting into a slight scowl. "I'm not acting. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about."