19| More Than This

19| More Than This

I was fully aware that I was lost and numb.

I only hoped that the people around weren't talking about anything that involved my participation or at least required it.

The only thing that occupied me was how my head spun, how hot my skin was and how I felt giddy and empty in my stomach.

"It was heck of a money, isn't it Aira?" George burst my bubble, pronouncing my name incorrectly as usual.

" Yeah." I feigned a chuckle not even bothering to know what deal they were discussing about.

It was lunch and I was in my manager's room along with a few other colleagues of mine.

I had no clue how I had come here after attending a hectic meeting on all my own because right now I didn't even have the power to listen or speak up.

I sat in a corner sulking.

I couldn't help but feel more nauseated as the reek of the served food items started to fill the air.

" Excuse me?" I stood up, controlling myself from retching on the spot.

"Hey, you okay?" George ran to help me as soon as I lost a little of my balance.

" Hmm." I hummed nonchalantly.

I knew he had a soft corner for me, maybe a crush or some meek liking but I had nothing to offer then, not even politeness.

I rushed to my cabin, into the bathroom, puking out everything I had in the sink even when I actually had nothing inside.

It was just water and saliva.

I gagged a few times, before washing my face and cleaning it with a towel.

I walked back to my chair confused, not understanding what went wrong with my health all of a sudden.

I sat holding my head that now throbbed idiotically.

"Hey, Mini?" I dialled to my manager's secretary.

" Yes, ma'am?"

"Will you please inform sir that I'm calling it a day? I don't feel good and I gotta see a doctor." I didn't have to add any effects to my voice because anybody hearing me would have known by themselves how sore I was.

"I'm done with most of my work for today." I made a point more solid.

" Okay, sure. I'll get back to you in a second."

" I'm waiting."

I took a mango candy to undo the bitter taste of my tongue.

"Ma'am you may go. Take care he said."

I immediately grabbed my hand bag, jolting out of the building like a wind.

I had just entered my car when my mobile screen flashed Virat's name.

" Hello?"

" What's up?" He greeted in his vivid voice.

" Nothing, I'm coming back home." I told him in a sullen mood.

" Still not feeling okay? You took the pills I gave you?"

" Hmm." I was feeling annoyed and vexed for no reason.