||Prologue|| 最初から

最初から || From The Beginning.

The water was cold, something that was seen as comfort to her. The way the cold would bite at her skin couldn't compare to the pain that she felt in her chest. [Y/N] felt like she was suffocating in her own country, she couldn't come to agreement with the way of life within the walls of Mastinia. 

Mastinia was a prosperous country with great beauty, but behind that beauty was the sacrifice of humans who were destined to "protect the country." Sacrifice wasn't through war--no--it was through complete murder. The king had come to a conclusion that in order to keep the country Holy and powerful would only be to kill those who were in great poverty. Not only were they murdered, they were murdered in front of their family and loved ones.

[Y/N] let her body float upon the water, her eyes closing shut in what would seem to be relaxation. Her eyes snapped open as she was reminded at what had happened mid-day while she was working about in what she called home. 

The guards within the Mastinia Kingdom appeared at her door minutes after [Y/N]'s return from doing work outside the house. They had knocked over their furniture and caused a commotion, grabbing at [Y/N]'s sick mother and tormenting her with pain.

The teen had called out for her mother, tears streaming down her face as she extended her hand out for her. Her mother only smiled at her and shook her head, telling her only daughter that she should continue on with her life.

"Be strong, [Y/N],"  She rasped out, coughing up blood in the process as the ruthless men continued to kick her at her stomach, "I'll watch over you--"

[Y/N]'s loud scream was heard throughout the slums as she reached out for her mother in the large mass of blood. The young girl crawled towards her and screamed once more, tears falling down her face faster than before. "Mother! Mother!" She tucked her mothers head into her chest, her world nearly falling to pieces as she stared at her mother's lifeless body.

"Please."

[Y/N] stared up at the moon in thought, her tears starting to form again. Her eyes were swollen and her lips were chapped, she couldn't accept anything anymore. She slowly let the water take her into the deep end of the unknown abyss, letting herself know that she'll soon join her mother.

The last thing she remembered was the feeling of a strong hand wrapping around wrist, pulling her towards their broad chest.

__

Sinbad looked down at the girl in wonder as he pulled her up from the water. The moon reflected off her skin beautifully, making him question why someone as beautiful as her would want to take her own life. The young boy turned towards his comrades who looked down from the dock in worry.

"She's fine." He reassured as he pushed himself up towards the dock where they awaited. Ja'far immediately ran towards Sinbad, furrowing his brows as he looked down at the girl. 

"Sin, I think we should take her back to the ship and nurse her back to health, if she stays out here too long she might freeze to death." The purple haired boy only nodded and instantly began walking towards the said destination. 

__

[Y/N]'s eyes fluttered opened slowly, the light spilling in from the small window inside of the ship toying with her vision. She looked around in confusion, her eyes darting towards the mop of white hair next to her.

"Excuse me." she rasped out, catching the young boy's attention. Ja'far gave her a gentle smile while handing her a glass of water. [Y/N] only nodded in thanks before accepting the glass of water before heavily chugging it down. The feeling of the cool liquid helping her dry throat generously. 

"How are you feeling?" The freckled boy asked. 

"I'm feeling fine," replied [Y/N] as she set the now empty glass down, "May I ask where I am?"

"You're currently on the ship of the Sindria Trading Company," Ja'far took the empty glass and placed it on the tray behind him, "Sin found you last night." 

The young girl furrowed her eyebrows, confusion written all over her face. She pushed her body up and stared around, "Sindria Trading Company? Sin?"

"Yes--" 

The door flung open to reveal a young boy with purple hair, a smile written across his face. He walked towards Ja'far with eyes that twinkled in wonder. "I see that you're awake! Ja'far, why didn't you tell me sooner."

"I wanted to explain the situation to her before I went to inform you, but it seems that you've decided to barge in yourself." Said Ja'far as he rolled his eyes in feign annoyance.

Before anyone of them could say anything again, there was a loud thud against the wooden floor of the ship. [Y/N]'s fist made contact with the ground in anger as she glared up at the young male, her teeth clenched as she looked away with tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.

"Why," she began, her voice quivering as she got up to grab the purple headed boy's collar, "Why did you save me? I could've seen my mother again! I couldve... I could've..." 

Her body dropped down the ground lifelessly as she sobbed into her hands, her body shaking as she cried. Sinbad looked down at her in astonishment as he bent down to pull the young girl into an embrace, "Forgive me."

His whispered left her vulnerable, her hands reached out for his shirt as she continued to cry into her chest. For some reason she felt an odd sense of security as he held her in his arms, the wall that she had built the moment her mother was murdered collapsed as she gave up once again. 

And at that moment, she knew that she just had to stay with him.