Chapter 2

A harsh jab to my back, and I'm stumbling forward into the seat beside the chubby brunett. My eyes are kept downcast, away from his reaction, and my music blasts horribly loud but I don't turn it down. I'm nervous, even though I shouldn't be.

Not to be a dickhead, but I don't have to most room and I'm terrified of touching him. His thigh is literal centimetres away from mine, and I hunch in on myself as much as I can.

It's quiet, and I spare a glance at the letterman wearing teenager. His eyes, big and brown with lots of corner wrinkle and bottom lash, are honed in on a figure. I meekly glance up, catching the Asian student step onto the bus and flash a friendly grin at the driver. She waves him off, but his smile doesn't falter.

I immediately find him just a little bit more attractive, and mentally curse hormones.

It's when he walks past us, almost hitting me with his bag, when the chubby boy notices I even sat beside him.

We stare at each other for a beat; he critiques my face, I critique his. He's all round red cheeks with a slight double chin. Surprisingly, his jawline is quite sharp and his Adam's Apple strangely prominent. His hair seems to be suffering from a bad haircut, curling up childishly at his ears.

Then he starts whining, and I just know I've made the wrong decision.

Why didn't I sit with the handsome blond?

"Oh my!" He whines, dragging out the 'y' like a child. I gulp, watching quietly as his cheeks redden and his eyes gloss over. This guy can't be fucking serious? If he cries, I'm moving to stand. "I wanted to sit with Kevin!"

A complete one-eighty; his whine turns to a pathetic yet venomous hiss, glaring at me with eyes that aren't supposed to glare at people. I find myself inching back as far as possible, almost toppling off the seat when the driver finally gets a chance to pull out onto the road.

"You've fucked me over." He grumbles, hands balling into fat little fists in his lap. There's faded notes on his hand, clearly written in something permanent accidentally. "You've made a powerful enemy, new kid."

For someone who is totally shorter than me by a mile, he is somewhat intimidating. His teeth clenched, sure it looks a bit stupid, jaw tight. He has my weight tripled, and could probably snap me if he wanted. With that in mind, I slouch in my seat, tearing my gaze away from him and letting it wander around the bus.

Lover boy from the bus stop has taken the seat by the redhead, who has put his phone away. They laugh and talk and bicker playfully, clearly best friends. I can't spot the pale girl, so I imagine she's sat somewhere behind me. And I'm not turning around.

Not even if someone paid me.

I cannot see the blond at the window either, but ultimately assume the Asian boy (Kevin, if I heard correctly) has taken the seat beside the blond. Perhaps I did him a favour, taking this seat. Maybe he doesn't like the brunett, and sitting next to him would be a nightmare for the blue eyed teen.

Or maybe I fucked him over, stopping him from sitting with his friend.

Who knows.

But I do know that I've made a powerful enemy and it's not even been an hour.

****

I think the idea of new kids has to go.

I've been in school for about an hour now. My bus ride consisted of glares from my powerful enemy, almost falling out of my seat because of potholes and making awkward eye contact with the driver as I thanked her.