WE WERE NEVER FRIENDS

Chapter: Twenty.

********

"Seriously dude you don't have to leave tonight, the sky is cloudy and I'm sure it will rain soon!" Eric yelled for the uptenthed time that night.

Jackson frowned but went on throwing his clothes into his bag. He's lived with his best friend and his mother who doesn't like him even the slightest. He tried to bare her ill-treatment towards him but it never stopped rather it grew as the days flew by. Jackson was tired of it all and he needed to leave. Eric has been a great friend and if it wasn't for him Jackson would have windup dead somewhere either from starvation or from cold. He owes Eric a big fat thanks but he just couldn't bear his mother anymore.

"Jackson, are you even listening to what I'm saying?!" Eric shoved him away from the bag and stood in his way.

"Eric, I don't understand why you never seem to see the fact that your mother hates me!" Jackson yelled.

"I do understand but you've dealt with just fine these past months!"

"That is because I don't have any other place to go!"

"It's too risky you going out this late at night not to mention the fact that you have no place to go!"

"Anywhere that doesn't have an angry woman who seems to find fault in everything I do simply because a gay man is friends with her son is very much welcomed for me right now!" Jackson's patients were running out.

"Just in case you don't know Jackson if you leave here the only other place you would be is SnowVille and need I remind you of the Mad Killer running lose out there!" Eric yelled back.

"That doesn't matter Eric, nothing is going to happen to me and if this Mad killer as you called him finds me then so be it. I'm just so tired of everything!" Jackson sat on the bed and let tears run down his eyes.

"I understand buddy but you've got me and I do not want any bad harm coming to you. At least wait until morning." Eric throws his arm around Jackson's shoulder and held the emotional young man as he cried in peace.

"Why does she hate me so much-"

"That is because you are an abomination and you are only here to corrupt my son!" The angry woman yelled from the doorway.

"Mum." Eric stood up but stopped when the woman walked into the room yelling even more.

"It's better you leave my house, Jackson, this isn't the place for your kind!" The woman picked up his unzipped bag and threw it across the room, Jackson's clothes scattered all about.

Jackson bent over and starts picking up his clothes while mother and child argue and yell at each other.

"This isn't right mum, he's my best friend!"

"You don't know who to be friends with Eric and I suggest you start making friends with people that aren't disgusting!"

"Are you even my mother!"

"Eric!" Jackson called as soon as he had his bag packed and zipped, both mother and son stopped to stare at him. "You don't have to yell at your mother because of me, I told you it's alright and I'm all set and ready to leave." Jackson stepped out of the room and smiled at Mrs. Gibbs. "Thanks, Mrs. Gibbs for accommodating me this past month." Jackson walked out of the room and into the cold and dark night. He unlocked his father's car and threw his bag in before getting in himself.