Week 1 - Confusion and Rejection

Monday, 12.00 AM

«Is it true, Masuta?» Kokoro glared at Budo-Chan. "Yes! I would never joke about that! I saw the corpse. I can show you were it is!" Budo Masuta replied hastily. "Okay. Take me to the corpse. We have to tell the headmaster and police about this." The two of them rushed out of the classroom, Budo leading the way.
When they were gone, I noticed I wasn't breathing. I took a deep breath and ran out of the classroom. "Y/n!" Taro shouted. "We have to stay here!" But for the first time I ignored my brother. I was afraid. Did the feeling of being watched had to do something with Budo-Chan telling the class she found a corpse?
I shivered, starting to feel that way again. But I had enough of this. I had to be brave, and not make everyone think I'm so afraid all the time. So I made my way back to the classroom.
When I arrived, Taro gave me a queer smile and told me to sit down.
Later, Kokoro got in the classroom too.
He talked in front of the class, informing everybody of what happened shortly.
"Masuta lead me to the place she said she found the corpse. But it was nothing there. Masuta-San is sent home. But our Sensei is not anywhere at school. You are free to leave until lunchtime. Just stay together!"
I packed my bag and left with Taro.
We were quiet for a while, heading to the School Plaza. When we sat down together by the fountain, I asked him; "What do you think happened? Was Budo-Chan lying, or was the teacher dead?" My brother hesitated.
"I don't know. Budo is my best friend. She would never lie, and definitely not about death in the school. She could be really ill, maybe, and hallucinate? You saw her, it looked like she was a hundred percent sure it was true. Maybe she saw it, but it was all a dream."
I nodded.
"How do you feel, Y/n? Are you okay?" Taro asked carefully.
I smiled at him. "Of course I am. Just a little.. confused." We hugged, and the school bell rang. It was lunchtime.

"I'm meeting Osano at the rooftop." I told Taro. "Want me to follow you?" He asked in a polite manner. I laughed. "No thanks, you can read here, by fountain, as you want to."
I didn't want him to be so protective all the time. Thinking about how Osano was angry this morning, I didn't want him to wait. So I hurried up the stairs, trying to not blush by embarrassment, since many of the guys and some of the girls looked at me longing.
And then, I got to the rooftop.
A light breeze hit my face and I looked around me, searching for Osano.
Then I spotted the redhead by one of the benches, waiting impatiently for me. I waved at him and sat down next to him. But he stood up again, holding a package. So I stood up again, too. "What is that?" I asked him. I was curious, was the package for me? "It's a bento, dummy!" Osano said with his arms crossed. "You made me lunch? Thanks a lot!" I was grateful, and hungry. "I.. I didn't make it for you or anything!.. I just packed myself lunch, and this is the leftovers, okay?!" He watched me as I sat down, waiting for a reaction to his cooking.
I took a bite of the bento and swallowed it. It tasted good. Until.. "Ugh! Osano! What the hell did you put in this?" Why didn't I remember to grab the bento mom packed me?
I was feeling nauseous, as if I was going to vomit. "What? My cooking isn't that bad, you Baka!" "Sorry, I must go. I feel really ill." I ran off, heading to the nearest girl's bathroom.

~Ayano's POV~

I was stalking my Senpai, and her friend, Osano Najimi on the rooftop. I was hiding right around the corner, and the two of them were too busy with each other that they didn't notice me.
I was jealous that they were meeting at the school's roof to eat together. But I got my revenge. I stole rat poison from the Gardening Club and put it in the lunch that Najimi had packed for Y/n-Senpai. "What did I do wrong?"
Osano's words stopped my revenge thinking. I watched quietly as the idiot of a Tsundere ate his own lunch alone. I didn't feel bad at all. And I was going to sabotage more events between them than just this one.

Tuesday, 8.00 AM

~Y/n's POV~