PROLOGUE - A Few Years Ago

⚠ 2022 UPDATE PLEASE READ: ⚠  

I am republishing this book on Wattpad exactly as it was years ago when I started and finished it. I haven't had the time to edit or proofread anything and so trust me when I saw you will come across a style of writing that is clearly different from the ones in my most recent books. The writing style is what I would call IMMATURE and CRINGE AF lol. Not to talk of my CRINGE COMMENTARY at the end of all chapters. I unfortunately don't have the time to edit like I'd said earlier. However, after I'm done with school and the book I am presently writing, I will focus on THOROUGHLY editing my mafia series as a whole. These well edited and  even reinvented or rewritten versions will probably not be on Wattpad but will be on AMAZON KINDLE. For now, that's my plan and I hope to achieve it soon.  I will keep you all updated. In the meantime, enjoy this old and fun story of mine 🙏🏼❤️.

.

.

.

.

.

.

***

Writer's POV:

(The 18yr old twins, shortly after their return from Chicago)

The twins sat quietly, waiting for their psychologist.
So far, they'd already had several therapies with the doctor after their experience in Chicago, as captives of Ricardo.

This therapy was meant for Lorenzo Enrique most especially, given how overly sensitive the teen was. He was that twin of the two that had a harder time controlling his emotions when things turned out the wrong way.

However, Anthonio deemed it necessary that Alejandro follow the same therapy. Alejandro had willingly agreed to this because he wanted to be by his twin's side. And yes, Lorenzo needed his brother with him and that was why both had refused private and individual therapies.
-
"How are you two feeling today?" the doctor asked the Enrique twins who lay each on two sofas.

"Not bad." both replied in a chorus, staring at the ceiling.

"Good." the doctor sat up, "We've had several sessions already and I want to know how you feel. Are you better? Have you gotten over what happened in Chicago?"

"I have." Alejandro replied.

"I have, too. It never really bothered me as I'd mentioned earlier."

"The kidnapping or the girls?" the doctor asked knowingly, "Have you gotten over the girls."

"Somehow." Lorenzo replied dryly.

"Maybe." Alejandro replied in turn.

The doctor nodded and noted something down.

"Why maybe, Alejandro?" he asked the twin.

Alejandro chuckled for a reason he ignored.

"I don't know. I don't think I want to get over her." he replied casually.

"Maude?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Maybe because she's the first girl I've ever really loved."

The doctor noted some more.

"I see." he went on, "But do you want to forget her?"

"Yes. She doesn't want to have anything to do with me anymore, so," he shrugged, "I might as well move on and live my life."