Chapter Nine

The sound of the alarm made me shift in bed, groaning in annoyance. I lifted my hand and push the button on my phone, clutching my blankets tighter.

Five more minutes.
I was exhausted from tossing and turning all night, I only slept about an hour. I set my alarm fifteen minutes early anyways so it wouldn't hurt. Closing my eyes, my mind instantly went to last nights dream.

Why was I getting memories through my dreams? I was confused about everything. I was going to ask David all sorts of questions yesterday when I got home but he was so torn up I decided against it. Thinking back, I probably should have.

The door instantly swung opened and David walked in, I had my back turned but I knew it was him. Just by the way his feet moved across the floor. The smell of eggs, bacon and sausage filled up the room.

Annoyed. I shut my eyelids harder.
"Kendra."
Ugh. There goes my five more minutes, I rolled over to see David halfway in my room. Wearing his black hoodie and jeans, holding a plate?

"Yes David?" I asked while yawning. Still wanting to sleep. He moved to the bed, sat down and handed the plate to me.

My lips parted as I looked at him, trying to figure him out. "Uh.. Thank you, David."

Everything looked so delicious. I didn't realize Ghosts could cook, and well too.

His eyes softened and he did a half smile. "You're very welcome."He watched me as I shoveled eggs into my mouth, I didn't mind. Truth is, no one has ever made me breakfast in bed. It was really sweet of David to think of me like this.

"Have you ate anything yet?" I questioned.

"Yes, about an hour ago."

My eyes widened, an hour ago? It was "6:10" in the morning. Doesn't he ever sleep?
"How did you sleep?" I grabbed a sausage and lifted it to my mouth.

"I don't, well not very much. Ever since I died, each time I come back I don't get tired."

I've never heard of anything like that before.
"How did you die?" I tried to hold back from asking, it wasn't my business. Was it?

He looked at me, pain filling his eyes. His gaze instantly went to the floor. "I died a few weeks after you, from heartbreak."

Maybe now isn't the time to pry.

I put the plate on the floor and grabbed his hand, causing him to look at me and move a bit on the bed. "David, it's going to be okay. I know you're hurting about what happened but there's no way you can change that. Focus on right here and now. You will feel better."

He smiled at me and a spark shot up from the palm of my hand.

What was that? I let his hand go and just looked at him. He seemed to have gotten what I was saying.

"It's good to have you back, even if you're a different woman, you're still my Clara."

I smiled at that, and my chest felt warm. Why couldn't all the guys be this charming, loving, amazing, sweet-hearted.

"Whatever happened to Ash?" I couldn't believe I asked but I was curious.

I watched how David's face lit up, he smiled from ear to ear. "You remember?" He paused before continuing on. "I gave him to my brother to look after, when you died I couldn't take care of him. I was depressed. I couldn't even take care of myself."

I was so tired, all I wanted was sleep. I nodded my head and clicked my phone "6:30."
Stretching my arms, I stood up. "I have to get ready for work David." I yawned as I made my way to the bathroom, feeling David's eyes on me the entire time. I'm not going to lie, this was nice.