CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3
Vardhan's P.O.V.

"Dean, you called me?" I asked entering the Dean's cabin.

"Oh yes, I surely did! Come and take a...." I just went and took a seat, "Never mind, you already have made yourself comfortable." Dean said adjusting his specs. " So I wanted to inform you about the little bit of change in our schedule, one related to the Dream Team competition. I have just got this certain notice from the Head of the Dream Team competition." He said forwarding me a typed letter.

I quickly scanned through the contents of the letter and found an amusing information.

"A new member in the board. Really Dean ? And now as per this letter, this new member will be regulating the whole event ? You called me for this piece of information ? You know I don't care who is in the board and who isn't ! And I don't think I give two pieces to whether the UN has decided to join hands with the Dream Team Competition due to whatever shitty plans and / or motive they have. You have wasted my valuable time Dean." I said.

"That's not all Vardhan. This letter consisted of two pages, I have given you only one. Here is the second page." Dean said giving me the second sheet.

My eyes were, once again, quick enough to go through the letter.

"Now this is going to be interesting, very interesting." I said smirking. "Me and my team will have to camp at a place, decided by the Dream Team board, that too for an allotted period of time. Based on our work and contributions there, we will be given the green signal to go further. Something like a semi-finale before a finale round." I concluded from the letter.

"Yes." Dean nodded.

"So we don't know about the place, nor the time allotted to us. It's all a secret for now. And the board expects me and my students to develop and help a village, as well as concentrate on making a damn car for their damn grand finale event." I said.

"Dream Team Competition is one of the most prestigious events Vardhan and it is natural for the UN to see it as an opportunity to develop relations between countries as well as promote humanity. Personally, I feel it's a great idea." Dean said.

"A great idea, for sure, but with ulterior motives." I spoke slowly.

"Oh, stop thinking rubbish Vardhan. What ulterior motives can they have ? It's simply to boost the Humanitarian bonds." Dean said.

"Humanitarian bonds, in a competition of machines ? Either they think us to be a fool, or you think of them as a fool. But whatever motives they may have, it's between them and our government. I don't give a shit." I said getting up.

"Language Vardhan." Dean said rebuking me for cursing.

"Oh, and before I forget Dean" I said, stopping near the cabin door, "I am assistant mentor to help me train my bunch of fools."

"Okay, I'll go through the list and find someone." Dean said, opening a file.

"I think you haven't heard me clearly, Dean. I said, 'I am appointing someone' . To be precise, I have already found him. He'll be joining me soon." I said making my point clear.

"Oh sorry, how can I forget the damn rules, Your team and Your rules. Fine with me. Thanks for informing me before his arrival Vardhan."

"Language Dean." I said teasing him.

"Ya, ya, atleast tell me his name. I need to type an appointment letter for him." Dean said.

"All in good time Dean, all in good time. As for the letter, you don't need to worry, you will get the letter soon. Just make sure to put your signature and stamp on it." I said and then turned to move out of the cabin.