Meeting

"Hey! Hey, miss are you okay?"
Shoot, I'd zoned out again.
I looked up and saw a familiar face frowning down at me.
It was Rami. Shoot.
Although I'd refer to him as a 'familiar face' I'm pretty sure he didn't know I existed until now. I had been crushing on him forever so him gazing down at me was making me quiver.
"Hey" He repeated, less firmly than last time.
"Oh gosh sorry, yeah I'll be fine, sorry I keep zoning out."
"No need to be sorry, are you sure you'll be ok though?"
The past few days had been super tough for me as my grandpa had just passed away and although I had started going back to work again, I wasn't 100% ready for it. I had been really close with my grandpa and so him passing had hit me hard. The fact that the guy I had a major crush on was currently staring at me questioningly wasn't helping.
I couldn't find the words to tell him I'd be fine so for a while we were just awkwardly locking eyes, waiting for something to happen.
While I was waiting, I started to notice things about his face that I hadn't seen before.
He had small crinkles around his eyes and mouth, presumably from smiling and his eyes were kinder than I remembered and framed by those perfect eyebrows of his.
"Yeah, I'll be fine don't worry about me." I finally managed to stutter, still in awe of the fact that he was talking to me.
I began to stand up, intending on walking back to my trailer and get some work done but before I could make it, I started sobbing uncontrollably and collapsed onto the ground.
This was so embarrassing, I hate crying in front of people, never mind Rami.
"Hey" I heard from behind me.
The tears were blurring my vision so I couldn't see who'd said it but presumably it was Rami.
Suddenly, I felt two arms around my waist taking me by surprise but comforting me at the same time.
"Come on, I'll help you up. Now, wait here a minute."