Chapter 1: Forests embrace

The cold brisk wind blew through atlas's fur and he sat in the cold stiff snow. The tail lights of his owners car faded out in the distance as he waited.

They had told him to wait and be a good boy, yet something told him he would never see them again. Something deep down screamed at him to chase after the car and ask why they left him. Yet he sat and waited like the loyal dog he was. He sat through the piercing cold and through the blinding white snow waiting.

Time seemed to slip away as he sat and waited. Minutes turned to hours and hours turned into days. He sat confused not knowing why he felt tired and hungry.

They had told him that it was only going to be a few minutes and yet...how long has it been? Days? Weeks?
His stomach growled and all of his instincts told him to go get something to eat.

He resented the idea that to eat he would have to break his owners command yet deep within him felt like his owners already broke their promise.

If they had already broken their promise then what difference would it make if he broke his? None.

He looked back at the forest which seemed to stare down at him, waiting for his decision. He turned back to the road before shaking the snow that had been embedded In his pelt and standing up.

The ones who he once called family no longer cared for him so he must go against his heart and follow his mind for once.

It was as if a switch had been flipped. The smells from the forest flooded his nose and the cold started to seep into his body.

He stood and turned looking for shelter maybe spot food too if he were lucky. The only thing that filled his vision was the forest so he turned and trotted to the sheltered trees leaving behind the broken promises.

 The only thing that filled his vision was the forest so he turned and trotted to the sheltered trees leaving behind the broken promises