Chapter 8: Back to the Beginning

Here is the before mentioned super long chapter. My wifi is down so I typed this on my phone and posted it using the last of my data. Please comment mistakes since I can't use my regular spellchecker.
Enjoy.

Harry learned from an early age that all good things never last. When he was 5 new neighbors came over the house. It was one of the very few occasions his aunt let him mingle with who she calls normal people.

They had a little girl, named Clementine who was the same age as Harry and Dudley. She was sweet and really gentle when she saw how much smaller Harry was compared to his cousin. As the adults talked she played with Harry in the backyard and completely ignored Dudley. For the first time in his short little life, Harry felt like he had someone to himself. Usually, Dudley gets everyone; his aunt and uncle, a large group of friends, and distant relatives on Vernon's side of the family. This time Harry had someone just for himself.

That is until a few months later when he tried going over her house and she wasn't there. Apparently, she had been in some sort of car accident. When Harry tried to ask when she would be back her parents explained that she wouldn't be home again. They soon moved away and Harry was once again alone.

It's because of this reason that Harry doesn't know why he let himself believe that this wonderful day with who he is now considering his new companions (Harry doesn't dare think the words friends or family) would continue to be amazing.

After the brief hug with Tom Harry is lead back to Draco's room where he once again tucks himself in the cozy corner for a much-needed rest. That talk, while driving away most of Harry's anxiety and fear, had taken a huge mental toll on the boy.

Only a few minutes go by before Harry suddenly feels a sharp pain in his chest. Almost like someone was reaching in and gripping his heart in a vice. The young Gryffindor has to hold his breath for a moment to quell the panic that immediately overwhelms his tiny body. 

Dumbledore is calling him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Father! Uncle Sev! Come quick!" Draco's prepubescent voice screams out throughout the manor.

"Draco, what is it?"
"Did something happen?"
"Are you hurt?"
"Is Harry ok?" the three remaining adults stop all conversation in favor of rushing to the smaller blonde.

"I don't think so. He was laying down in my cozy corner when he got really still like he was in pain but didn't want anybody to notice. Then he got up and bolted to the bathroom. I think he was about to throw up or something but it got quiet and he won't open the door," Draco explains all in one breath as the group makes their way back to his room. "I'm really sorry. I know I was supposed to be watching him but he didn't seem like he was having a nightmare or--"

"Dragon, none of us blame you for what's happenning. This isn't your fault," Lucius places an arm around his heir in comfort.

"Harry?" Severus calls when they reach Draco's bathroom only to receive silence as an answer. "We only wish to see if you are alright. Can you open the door?" Still nothing.

"We're coming in," Lucius performs the proper unlocking charms and opens the door to nothing. Nobody is in the room. The only thing that seems to be out of place is the partially open window which is not a good sign.

"You don't think he climbed out and left do you?" Draco questions the men. "We're on the third story what if he got hurt?"

"We can only hope that he hasn't gone too far," Tom speaks. "How were his injuries?"

"I healed what only his most urgent needs first but I wanted to give his body more rest before subjecting him to a full body scan."

"We will find him before too long. I will take Severus and we will scope the gardens and forest. Lucius, you will go check the front gate. And Draco I need you to stay here incase he left while you were gathering us and hide somewhere around here. The more ground we cover in the least amount of time is better than each of us checking the manor only for him to get further away. I just hope we haven't scared him away and he comes back with us willingly.