♤♡FOUR◇♧

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Seven years.

My breath seemed to not want to release itself from my chest. I was doing whatever the opposite of hyperventilating was. I couldn't seem to make myself breathe. How could I have been wolf for seven years? I have never heard of anyone coming back from being Lost that long.

"Breathe baby, you'll be okay." Thayer reached out and thumped my back softly, forcing the air from my lungs and facilitating breathing.

I started taking deep, long, even breaths. I wanted, above anything, to stay as calm as possible. The last time I had let what I was feeling take control of me, I had apparently sunk so deep into my wolf, that I hadn't come back for almost a decade.

"How am I back? Why am I not still Lost?"

Thay rubbed my shoulders. They felt sharper than I remembered, under the callused palms. His hands were so large, I think the took up nearly my entire shoulder.

"The Twins, they brought you back."

"That's not possible. No one should be able to bring someone back who has been gone that long." I was trembling and the duvet had slipped down to my lap sometime during my mini panic attack.

"Velos and Velina aren't normal Werewolves. They have a connection to the Goddess and to one another that transcends all we know and understand. They reached into the darkness you were cocooned in, and pulled your soul back into reality."

I nodded. I remembered feeling like someone had stuck their hand into the very essence of my being and ripped me from the cave I had hidden myself away in.

"I remember a hand reaching for me. It yanked me up and into the light. Which one did it?"

"They both did." He said. "They are both one and the same. One soul trapped in two bodies. Even their wolves are connected closer to them than any other Were I know."

He seemed confused by them, but I could still hear the trust he had for them in his voice.

"I'd like to meet them. If I may. I'd like to thank them for doing something I didn't think was possible. For saving me."

"I'll send someone for them..."

"No!" I cut him off, a little more harshly than I had intended. I softened my voice as I spoke to soothe any hurt at my abruptness. "I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and I could use a few minutes alone. Just to wrap my head around things."

Thayer looked worried and I hated seeing that look on his face.

"I'm alright. I'll see you soon, I promise."

He nodded and stroked his hand down the back of my head and down the length of my hair as I turned to look out the window.

"I'll be back in a few minutes."