Hit the Road, Kim

October 16th
9:23 AM
Kansas City, Kansas

Ron tried to enjoy any kind of sleep he could get his hands on. They weren't exactly in the best scenario so rest was going to be hard to get for the next few days. Or at least a few days they had hoped.

He tossed and turned in attempt to try and fall asleep again, but he just couldn't. Something kept him awake. He was aware morning had finally arrived, but he wanted nothing more that to roll over and lay on Kim's chest—
Where's Kim?

He felt his hand around in the empty spot beside him, feeling for the warm body of his girlfriend. Finally aware she wasn't in bed, he sat up. His blonde hair shagging everywhere. When he first looked around, all he saw was blinding light. He had to squint to look around the room until his eyes had time to adjust.
When he looked to the wall closest to him, he saw the window was opened. The blinding light of the sky was all it took to get him up.

But while his eyes adjusted, he saw Kim in the corner by the window, pulling her green pants back on. She still had no shirt on, but only now her tactical pants and a bra.

"I figured the window would wake you." The girl sweetly grinned, turning around to see him finally awake.

"What time is it?" He said in a deeper, morning voice.

"Almost 9:30." She said, as she picked her purple shirt off the expensive looking table next to her. "I found a washing machine down the hall and washed all our clothes. They should be good for the day." She said as she hung the white robe on the hook.

"Is that coffee I smell?" He asked, finally able to see on his own. "Yeah, I made coffee too." She replied as she walked over to the window and looked outside. The bright light was only from the grey sky. It rained outside, but not near as hard as the night before.

"KP, how long have you been awake?" Ron asked, finally beginning to throw his feet over the side of the bed. He stood up, and stretched high above his head with a slight groan.

"Since 7:00." She briefly answered, now starting to look bothered. "Why so early? You could have slept in more." He said, and walked by her. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek as he passed by.

"Couldn't sleep. Too much to do while trying to stay out of sight. It's just too much for me to sleep on." She said again, as she hunted for her other sock. As Ron began to change back into his now clean clothes, he picked his long sleeve shirt off the same table. As he did, Kim's other sock had fallen. He picked it up, and handed it to his girlfriend as he placed his leg in his pants.

"The sooner we're out of here, the harder it is to track us." Kim said, finally putting on her shoes.

As Ron finished getting dress, he heard Kim grab something. "Here." She said blankly. Turning his attention to her, his view suddenly went black. Then, he felt another thing land on his head. He pulled the clothing item from off his head, as well as the other object. When he looked at them, he saw one was a grey zip up jacket, and the other was a navy blue ball cap. The front of it had the Kansas City Royals baseball logo.

"Where'd you get these?" Ron asked as he looked back up at his redheaded beauty.

"The gift shop in the lobby. I only used cash so we wouldn't catch any unwanted attention." She replied while sliding on a maroon hoodie. She also put on a baseball cap, but hers was complete white with a black Nike checkmark on the front.

"So I'm assuming this means you have a plan." Ron said, finally putting the incognito gear on.

"The beginning of one, at least. I hid the car in the alleyway and left the active-cloaker on. We'll get gas, food then start on our first lead." Kim stated.