Chapter Twenty Three:

"Kim..have you seen the papers?" I wearily asked Kimberley as I wondered into the living room carrying the shopping through to the kitchen. It had been three days since the incident and Kimberley hadn't left my flat.

"No, why?" She asked as she helped me carry the bags through.

"I think you should take a look" I mumble as I pass her the folded up newspaper from my bag.

"Oh shit..fuck fuck fuck what have I done oh my god" Kimberley cursed when she saw the front page. "I can't believe he sold the story" Kimberley wept.

"Scumbag, can't you deny it? Write a statement?" I suggested as I pulled her into a right hug.

"Yeah..yeah I'll do that. He has no proof of it and--" Kimberley was cut off by her phone ringing. I left her to answer it while I put the shopping away.

"Hi Hillary..yeah, I know. I was an idiot.. I was drunk. Can we release a statement?..yeah okay..I'm sorry. It won't happen again..bye"

I could only hear Kimberley's side of the conversation but the person on the other end didn't sound happy.

"That was my manager..she's not impressed"

"Oh dear..so are you gonna release a statement?"

"Yeah, she's sorting it now"

* * *

Kimberley's POV

I didn't for one second think that the whole ordeal would end up in the papers. I didn't even think he recognised me let alone remember the events of the night. He was just as drunk as I was. I sigh to myself as I pull into my driveway and climb out of my car. I make my way into my empty flat. I'm starting to miss London, I'm starting to miss working and I'm starting to miss my friends. I loved being here with the peace and quiet and not being bothered to a certain extent by people, followed by paparazzi and hounded for pictures and autographs. Apart from the obvious of what happened that night. I texted Hillary a quick, short and sweet statement before turning my phone off and pouring myself a glass of wine.

*

I woke up hanging off the side of the sofa with red wine spilt all over the floor, obviously from knocking my glass over in my sleep. Shit. I sighed when I saw the deep red colour of the wine seeping into the edge of the white fluffy rug. I quickly stood up and dashed into the kitchen for a cloth to clean up the mess. After wiping the mess up and putting the rug into the washing machine. I decided to go to bed. Sleep it off and hope I woke up in a better mood.

* *

I woke up in no better mood than I had when I went to sleep. I glanced over at the time seeing it was 10am. I decided that a bit of retail therapy would do me good. I went for a shower and got dressed before heading out, deciding to grab a bite to eat whilst I was out.

"Hey Kim"

"Oh hey Mason" I mumbled as he approached me in Starbucks.

"How are you?"

"Fine, you?"

"Yeah not too bad. How's Cheryl?"

"She's good" I reply bluntly. If he wanted to know how she is surely he should ask her. After all he is her boyfriend.

"Oh good, she's been a bit off with me lately. I don't know why though"

"Oh right"

"Can I sit?" He asked pointing to the empty seat opposite to me. I nodded in reply and he pulled out the chair and sat down. "It's like she doesn't want to touch me or be near me but when I ask her if everything is okay she insists that it is. I don't know what to do"