Forty Three

A/n: I've been neglecting this story 🤧
also trust me
_________________________________________

'Dinah look at him, he's so cute.'

'Just like you,' Dinah murmured. It puzzled her now the older woman could be completely badass one moment and act like a child the next. Normani continued rambling about the dolphin that she had played with whilst they got their things out of the car and went inside.

Whilst Dinah went back out to get something that she insisted they needed, Normani got started on dinner. The older woman had spent every day of the two weeks that they had been in Hawaii so far  cooking because no one would let her hear the kitchen in Solaria. Dinah had protested at first, she felt strange about the most powerful woman she knew insisting on doing things for her. But seeing how content Normani was in the kitchen, she relented and insisted on doing the dishes instead.

When she came back, Normani looked lost in thought. She was convinced that the Pandora's box idea that they had come up with to contain the Croistin's darkness wouldn't work and there was another way to completely destroy it for good. And she was running through a bunch of other things that she had to sort out because she'd gotten a few calls while Dinah was out.

Dinah walked in holding cheesecake. 'I come bearing gifts.'

'You went back out for cheesecake?'

Dinah shrugged. 'I was having a craving. What happened to not being sovereign or queen as long as we're Hawaii?'

'Sorry, I can't really help it. I'm making shrimp stir fry.'

'That looks and smells divine.'

Normani grinned and said, 'you just sit right there and dinner will be ready in a few minutes.'

'It's okay Mani, I've had your undivided attention for two weeks. When we got here I thought we'd only last one day before we were back to working. So what do you have to do?'

'We might never have to fight the Croistin but it can't hurt to be on the safe side. So I'm going to take a look at the armies of the seven and come up with a strategy.'

Dinah began pacing around the room. When they got back, they would be called to different events and meetings at the same time and they would rarely see each other during the day unless it was for a moment. Part of Dinah wished they could stay in Hawaii. After a few hundred years she would ask if they could spend a year there and let their children take over for a little while.

'Mani are you listening?'

'Sorry, I got distracted.'

The blonde stalked towards her, a glint in her eyes. She pushed Normani back against the counter. 'Are you still distracted?'

Normani nodded, 'yes, you are very distracting. We are trying to build a new world right now, afterwards we can come to Hawaii whenever you want to.'

'There are plenty of ways to build a new world,' Dinah murmured. 'We could start by continuing your bloodline, giving the people an heir to the throne. Apparently the coalition is not enough for them.'

'What?' Normani looked up at Dinah.

Dinah nodded. 'Mani I want to start a family with you. Aramis wasn't sure if I would want to after the miscarriage, but he still told me how it would work.'