Chapter 9

Vote and Comment!

🌹🌹🌹

Nadiya woke up panting. She wiped the beads of sweat on her brow. She poured herself a glass of water and drank it hastily. She had a night mare, about him. About him pierced with a sword. Him dying. The night mares didn't cease to exist. No matter how much she calmed herself down, an unknown fear settled in her stomach always. She tried to keep her head away from what if's?

The Emperor already set out to see the ailing Prince himself. And the gossip around the palace didn't help too. People gossiped that the Prince was already dead and what not and what else nonsense.

Next morning, she got to know that The Emperor had set his course homebound and will be arriving a few days later. It had no information about The Prince.

🌹🌹🌹

(A week later)

The whole of capital waited in anticipation for The Emperor to arrive. A messenger had arrived that dawn informing they were close. Everybody from queens to the mistresses to the servants, chamber maids, all waited at the palace entrance for their arrival.

Silence hung in the air as a line of horses appeared on the horizon. A little awhile, they could make The Emperor's horse, there was the commander in chief.

Nadiya clunged to Qaseema's side. Her eyes just sought him. And he was nowhere to be seen. Qaseema rubbed her palms on her back.

"Child, he'll be back... Have faith!"

She soothed her. Nadiya closed her eyes as tears brimmed in. They were reaching the palace gates and still he wasn't here. What if all the rumors are true? What if he is dead? Prince Salim would spare no time in taking her. Her throat parched. She hadn't even said what she felt for him yet, is this how it's supposed to end?

***

The End.

Thank you so much for reading this book, thank you so so much for your co-operation that you don't even realize I'm Kidding.

This isn't the end. Read on.

***

Nadiya opened her eyes as the crowd cheered. Instantly she saw what she was seeking, him, in all his glory. He was alive. Nadiya said a quick thank you and watched him. He looked exhausted. He had changed so much in over just a year. He had grown a beard. He was waving to the crowd which went mad in joy.

For a second, his eyes met hers. A shiver ran through her spine. He nodded acknowledging her. She smiled at him. And in that moment relief washed over her. It was strangely good.

***

A/N: Vote & Comment! I know it's too short!! Sorry for that...