Epilogue of part I

After 10 years...

Ada caught hold of swaying Jellal. He slurred something she didn't understand. Once they reached his chambers, she pushed him inside and as intoxicated that he was, he stumbled, fell and lay flat on his back on the floor. She wanted to scream, rip her hair out of her head. This was not what she expected. She agreed to the marriage because she wanted to be the Empress and he was going to be the Emperor! But he didn't.

Salim became the Emperor. She cursed the day she had the urge to marry the fool in front of her who didn't want to do anything other than drink and mellow in sorrow for that harlot who left him ten years ago.

Jellal woke up to the usual headache. He rubbed his eyes groggily. He didn't know what day it was. His eyes squinted to the sunlight. Closing the blinds, he reached for the bottle of wine again. That had been his life after she left. Ten years ago, after he reached her chambers to propose, she was nowhere to be found. Quaseema told him that she had left the palace once and for all. He slumped down on the floor remembering all of it. He was married to Ada after that, which ended up being a loveless marriage. Since, then wine and opium were by his side. He took another swing from the wine and closed his eyes as it intoxicated his system. He did send a search party for her. But it came back futile. He didn't know where she was now, he didn't even know if she was alive or dead. He just wished to see her again.

Little footsteps came towards him.

"Abba.."

He opened his eyes to the beautiful sight of his daughter. She was five years old. Though how much he repelled Ada, he loved his daughter none the less.

"Nadiya, come here.."

He opened up his arms. He named his daughter after her, Ada refused it but he was adamant.

"No Abba, you stink!"

She crinkled up her little nose. He wanted to stop. He wanted to stop just for the sake of her but he couldn't. Saying that she ran away to play. He reached out to her but she was gone, just like her.