chapter 3

*Daynah's POV*

well a week has passed and it is time to head over to the office to meet Tanner. I told my kids that they could stay home, because honestly, i don't need them ruining my chances of getting this job.  "Okay guys, I'm leaving!" they responded with a simple "See ya!" and I was off. 

I drove for about twenty minutes until I showed up to a newer looking office with a Porsche 911 parked in front of it. I figured that was Tanners so I pulled in.  I got out and straightened my white crisp shirt.  The door swung open while i was adjusting myself so i stood there still, a little embarrassed.  I peaked over my trucks mirror and found that it was Tanner watching me. "Uh.. Hi, my name is Daynah, your new mechan- well um.. trying to be your new mechanic." He nodded,"Yeah, I recognize you from your headshots." he chuckled and held up my picture from the old commercial i was in. "Oh.. uhh that's really old." I said awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.  "Well, lets get started." He held the door for me and walked in after me.  "Where are we going anyway?" He pointed to the room next to a sign that said 'Rockstar Qualified'. I sat down in a big chair that was in front of the desk and Tanner sat down behind it.

 "So, your name is Daynah, correct?" I smiled and nodded, "In the flesh." I was officially really nervous that I was going to screw this up somehow.

 "How many years have you been working on cars?" I snapped back and answered,"Well, my father was a pit crew member for some racer when I was younger so I knew I wanted to follow in his steps.  I got my first job as a saleswoman for Ford, and then I moved on to a couple of jobs in the garage.  I eventually got upgraded to head mechanic, and that is the job I am still currently in.  So i would say i've been working with cars for about 14 years." His eyes were wide,"Wow, that's actually a lot more than most of the people I have interviewed." I think i just did that well.  "So, have you ever worked with a rallycar engine?" I shook my head,"No, but i have been studying them for a while now. I just haven't gotten enough time to actually look at one in the presence." he looked at me hard, like he was trying to figure something out. "Okay, so Daynah, I think I am going to give you the job, but don't say anything yet, because there is one more person I have to interview. " I nodded and smiled,"Thank you so much Tanner. You won't regret it, I promise." He stood up and instead of shaking my hand, he hugged me.  I guess he must be a friendly guy.  

*Tanner's POV*

I think I am definitely picking her, i mean, not only because she is smoking hot, but because she has unbelievable experience with cars.  I have never seen a girl working that long in the car business.  She is impressing, and she knows it.