Getting Yourself To Do Things

So yesterday I was on wattpad. I was reading wt* facts and I saw a fact that stated parents could hire a clown to stalk their kids the week before their birthday. When their birthday rolled around cake would be thrown in their face by said clown.

So I looked it up because me being me, I wanted to know more. I read three news articles about it and that's when things spiralled out of control.

I ended up looking at ten thousand different articles. Some were crazy things people did that I thought was actually smart and not crazy at all, while others were about creepy things.

Nonetheless at some point I came across an article. First off let me explain what website I was on. I was on cracked.com. Great website although my computer kept freezing on the website. It was a good thing I was on my IPad and not my computer then.

So I was on my IPad at the website's home page. I saw an article telling me 5 or 7 ways I was screwing up my life without knowing it.

I think this was the article in which I figured how to get myself to do things. Now, I don't know about you, but I am definitely a procrastinator. That means I have also done a lot of research trying to stop procrastinating.

None of those things ever actually worked for me. I could map out my entire day the day before and still only do one or two if any, of the things on that list. I could sit the thing I need to do right in front of my face and still ignore it.

So when I came across the article I really didn't expect anything useful mostly because the title never told me anything about the advice in there.

What was this mystery advice you ask?

Okay stand up. Find some open space near your computer. Now act as if you're sitting on a motorcycle with your hands out as if you're holding onto the handle bars.

Now obviously after a little while you realize that doing that isn't as fun as you probably hoped it'd be. When the article told me to do that I didn't do it. I think it said it hurts after a while so yeah. Nobody wants to do that, but apparently if you run long enough or do enough push ups, or sit ups, you will feel that eventually.

So how do people do it? They imagine there is a gun to their head and if they don't do it they get shot.

Sounds morbid? It probably is, but it works. I tried it last night and it was kind of funny because I didn't do what I told myself to do, so I told myself if there really was a gun to my head I would have been dead. That made me laugh.

So yeah maybe you want to combine that technique with planning out what you're going to accomplish today.

I hope this helped you. This might only last the week or the month for me because I can only train myself to do things for so long. I'm like a dog that never learns.

Also there will be no research for a better view on this because of the fact that I literally did research by accident.

Although there may be another part teaching you other ways to stop procrastinating.