Chapter 2

Camille POV

When I woke up the sun was already starting to set.

'Oh no, how could i have forgotten the full moon tonight' I thought to myself.

Before I could even move to a safer spot before the moon rose I heard someone call, "Cam! Cam where are you?!"

I looked down at myself to make sure I was human again, which I was, before shouting back, "I'm over here!"

I soon heard footsteps rushing towards me. I noticed it was almost completely dark. No I had to get to cover, before I became prisoner to the full moon. I could feel it rising over the horizon. I tried to control the urge to look at the beautiful moonlight.

Unfortunately, my weak willpower made me give in. Just before I saw the light I saw two familiar faces running toward me. Then I relinquished control over my body.

Jem POV

"Cam!" I called. "We've been worried sick!"

I looked at my older friend. She didn't even look at us. She just kept on staring at the sky.

"Cam?" I carried on trying to her attention.

"What's wrong with her?" Jas asked me.

I just shrugged my shoulders and followed her line of sight. She was looking at the moon.

'Is she a werewolf?' I thought sarcastically to myself.

Suddenly, she stood and started running toward some unknown destination.

"Come on, let's make sure she doesn't kill herself."

We ran after our best friend and into the green forest.

Not once did she stop running, not even when we called her name.

Then, all of a sudden, she did stop. We almost crashed into her. She was standing in front of a creek, looking at something. She strolled through the shallow water toward the her objective. Suddenly, she fell through the ground.

"Cam!" Jas and I shriek in sync.

We immediately ran through the water and fell into a hole. What we saw could barely be described in words.

In front of us was a beautiful pool with shockingly blue water. The rocks around it was set as if it had been built by people. The cave had high walls, slhoping upwards and inwards, indicating that we had entered some unknown, huge cave on the inside of the island, maybe a cliff. Something was off though...

"Where's Cam?" I asked Jas.

We then heard a noise behind us. Just as we turned around, I felt a pushing force and fell into the strange pool. Jas and I surfaced. We saw Cam standing over us on the edge of the pool.

"What the heck, Cam!" Jas screamed at our friend.

Cam didn't even answer, she just stood there with a straight face staring at us.

Something unexpected then happened. The water in the pool started bubbling.

I tried getting out, afraid of what it might do to me, while Jas laughed saying, "Hot tub."

I rolled my eyes and tried to get out again, however I couldn't move.

"Stay!" Camille commanded.

Our friend then proceeded to jump, stiffly into the pool. I started getting worried when she didn't surface for a while.

"Cam!" I shouted worriedly.

Jas looked at me worriedly aswell.

Soon enough, our friend surfaced, but something was off about her. She was no longer wearing the clothes she was wearing before. Instead, she had a golden, stiff sea shell top that was a boob-tube and did not cover her stomach. I looked down through the water and saw she had a beautiful gold and white striped/swirled tail with a fin on the bottom and back. Her gorgeous golden-brown hair was cascading down her back with braids wrapped around her head, jewels and clips decorating it.

"No-" I began.

"Way," Jas finished. "She's a-"

"Mermaid!"

Cam looked at us, then at the sky. As she did that, so did Jas and I. The full moon was directly above the hole in the ceiling I actually didn't notice before, indicating that we were actually on the inside of the Mako volcano. Just then, i felt a burning feeling inside of me spark. As the light from the moon got more intense, the more it burnt. Jas didn't seem to have the same problem and neither did Cam.

Suddenly, Cam's head snapped toward me and Jas.

She swam over to us and waved her hand in front of our faces and said, "Relax."

That was the last thing I heard and saw before my vision went black.