Eyes on You

-Unedited-

Third Person POV - The Moonflower brothel - Friday @ 12pm

              The Moonflower brothel, was one of three most infamous brothels in all of London, England. And it was run by one of the most powerful women, Mia Zhao Shelby. An immigrant turned into a criminal empress who was the most influential in all walks of life. She allowed no one but elite such a bureaucrats, government, and city officials. In addition, to the coppers who were on her payroll as an added bonus for their service to her and to her only. People feared her and at the same they adored her because although, she had blood on her hands there was an inkling of kindness in protected heart. That is if, you didn't cross her for any reason possible like the late ex-major, Chester Campbell, and former leader of the Italian gang, Darby Sabini. Their deaths were legendary both in the criminal underworld and within certain social circles. Lady Zhao, killed them slowly along side her husband, Thomas Shelby, who was as equally feared as the leader of the Peaky Blinders. In addition, to her close friend Alfie Solomon who was the leader of the Jewish gang in Camden Town. The major and the Italian's corpses were found in, The River Thames charred and in pieces. Connections to their deaths could never be made to, Lady Zhao or any of her known associates. And the only reason being that there was no one, no copper who would bother looking into the case. They loved her more than, the men she killed.

                As for the Moon flower itself it was located in London's Chinatown and it was by far the biggest building there. It was three stories high with exposed red brick and gold letters carved into its black wooden sign that beared the brothel's name. Minus the word, "brothel" of course. However, what it is known for or in other words is the bodyguards guarding the ornate door to the brothel itself. They were in equal height of six feet, muscled, and well armed underneath their suits. It was often to see them escorting a client who had too much to drink or those who were breaking brothel rules. In addition, to the two bodyguards was the ornate door that was as round as a circle with rectangular bulletproof windows. For those on the outside looking in you could see the large oil painting of a golden dragon roaring. And an old woman dressed in a traditional hanfu (clothing) writing in her ledger that is on a small desk.

         She although advanced in her years, nai nai (grandmother) was still mentally sharp of who's who in the brothel itself. It is through her that a client may enter and select who they wanted to spend the day or night with. That is if, that client had a favorite otherwise, Nai nai would be the one to assign a young lady to you. However, when a certain man wearing a peaky hat came in the elder knew immediately who he was. She stepped away from her desk and gave the thirty something year old man a bow.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Shelby! How may I assist you at this time?", she asked as she straightened her back with small sound of cracking bones.
"Good afternoon to you as well, Nai nai. My sister recommended that I go here to spend my time with a girl named, Rose. Is she available at this time?", asked the third eldest Shelby.
"Oh, yes young, Miss Rose. She is a sweet girl and one of the favorites among our clients. I'll see if there is an opening for you, Mr. Shelby", she replied. The elderly woman sat back into her chair and flipped through her ledger for the pages that were bookmarked with red silk. She carefully placed her round golden rimmed glasses on the bridge of her nose. Her eyes scanned the page for a blank spot on, Miss. Rose's page for a moment. Then, she looked back at the young man in front of her.

"You are most lucky, Mr. Shelby. Young Rose's client that was scheduled today had to cancel for another engagement. So, if you please follow me I will lead you to her room", said Nai nai.

John Shelby POV

         I watched carefully as this innocent looking elderly lady walked around her desk. Nai nai, with the support of the desk carrying her weight to walk around it. As a gentleman I offered my arm in assistance which, she quickly accepted.
"It is in this hallway here on the right, Mr. Shelby", she said courteously. Together we walked down the red painted frames with beige painted hallway that was in the traditional Chinese interior design. It was also, decorated with painted scrolls, sculptures and etc. But, what broke the traditional looking interior was the dark brown wooden doors that lined both sides of the hallway. Each had a number with a sign underneath of that said, 'occupied' or 'not occupied'. The sound of laughter, music, and other sound that I was all to familiar with came through the doors. But, none of them bothered the grandmother on my arms as she lead me up a flight of stairs. Once, we arrived to what I automatically assumed the second floor. I was shocked to see the difference between both floors. The second floor was still in same shade of red and jade, but unlike the first floor this one only had four.