In each other's arms

-Unedited-

Third POV

           As Peaky Blinder and Leader of the Boxer's car rolled in front of "The Moonflower" John's heart was beating wildly as his blue eyes laid upon his true love. Rose was waiting in front of the brothel with her luggage in hand. Her heart beating equally as hard as his because never in her life has she found love as genuine as theirs. She was looking up and down the street for any sign of her lover. Once, her brown eyes met his she beamed with happiness especially, when his car stopped right in front of her. It seemed as if there was nothing stopping him as he got out of the back passenger seat and ran around the car to her. Engulfing her into an intimate embrace. The two lovers were so into each other that neither of them noticed Rose's boss, his sister-in-law standing patiently behind them. She had her arms neatly crossed her abdomen as she waited for them to pull away. It was only when the quickly pecked each other on the lips that Rose had stepped forward. And like any other employee under Mia's employment, she bowed in respect. Mia nodded and smiled.

"I hope that the two of you would have fun on this little vacation of yours. And that you take care of my Rose with the respect she deserves, John. She isn't like the other women in Small Heath and London put together", she said strongly.

Although, she was Rose's employer Mia always had a soft spot on the young woman ever since she came through her door. Especially, now that her brother, the third oldest Shelby had his eyes on her. She had always felt a familial bond with every single girl working underneath her. Especially after the death of her only surviving member of her family, Ming. Her feelings of sisterhood were stronger than ever. John and especially her husband Tommy saw this in her and understood deeply what Rose meant to Mia. In fact, it motivated him to be more protective over his sweetheart than, any woman he ever loved. He would self admittingly kill anyone that would threaten the love of his life.

John stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Of course, I will, sister. Rose is my top priority", he replied. Wrapping his left arm around Rose's waist which, made her blush at John's confident display of affection.
Mia turned her attention from her brother to the young woman beside him "Very good then. Rose, I will be meeting with you next week in my office", she said in Mandarin.
"Yes, Madame. I will be there as soon as we get back", she replied.

               John looked between the two of them knowing very well what was being said between the two women even though it was in a different language apart from his own. For the past, five or so years after his brother's marriage he had been trying his best to learn Mandarin so, that he could help on the Boxer's side of the business. So, he knew very well why Mia asked Rose to meet with her because as of next week Rose would no longer work as an employee of the Moonflower. Instead, she would be just Rose, the love of his life and the keeper of his heart. John smiled at the simple thought of her being truly his alone.

Mia took a deep breath then, exhaled. "Well then, I must leave there is some urgent business that needs my attention. I look forward to hearing from you three days from now John. You know how Polly gets", she said to her brother-in-law. John nodded instantly because both knew very well that Polly would give them a good and very long lecture if, he didn't give her a call as to where he was. Especially, when he or any other Shelby man was gone for too long.

"Don't worry I'll make sure to call you...and Pol", John quickly added.

"Have a blessed day, Mrs. Shelby", said Rose.

"The same can be said to you, my dear Rose", she replied. The Madame walked over to hug her brother, kissing his cheek as a sign of farewell.

Mia left the two lovers in her car along with, Mr. Grey to the fabrics shop leaving the two young lovers behind. Rose waited for a moment before, turning to her lover John giving him a lingering kiss on the cheek. And laughed as the tips of his ears turned to a slight pink from her sudden act of affection towards him. It would be safe to say that he was grateful that his peaky hat was enough to cover both his ears. John turned to look down at the love of his life with a smile on his face.

"What was that for?", he asked her.
"That my love is a kiss. One of many that you'll be getting for the next three days", she smiled brightly at him and hugged him in pure happiness, "Isn't exciting John? Just the two of us...together", she replied.
He turned around to face her, but not too far just enough so that both of his hands were on her hips. John leaned down so that his forehead was touching hers. "I'm always excited when you're with me, Rose. No matter how much time is spent between the two of us", he said. His voice was laced with the perfect amount of love and adoration for the girl in front of him. Rose's cheeks burned red at her lover's declaration causing John to laugh at her bashfulness. He kissed her passionately before, pulling away. Kissing her once again before, pulling away. John reached down to pick up not only his luggage but hers as well.

"Shall we?", he asked, offering his elbow to her.
Rose nodded as she wrapped both of her hands around his arm, pulling herself close him as possible. The young couple walked away from the steps of the Moonflower to the edge of the road where another Black Bentley was waiting for them. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - Hello all my beautiful readers! Author ELF here! Sorry, for not updating this story in a very long time. Between school, work, and life, in general, I have finally found the time to at least work on one chapter or so for each story. So, I hope that all the stories that I have unfinished would be routinely updated for all of my beautiful readers and followers to enjoy! 😇🥳

So with that being said, I hope that you vote and comment in the box below! Hopefully, in the next few days, I can have a new chapter done for either Starlight or Finding Her. Which one would you guys prefer? 🧐❤