alt. ending

sophomore year of high school, 2016

-

issac had been debating if he should tell evan or not. he had had a couple of drinks already, and he decided that he would just drink until his brain wouldn't think straight.

after about 3 red solo cups of shitty beer, he finally stumbled through the crowd of people until he got outside. he found evan talking to a small group of people with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other. issac took a deep breath and made his way over to evan, his heart beating out of his chest.

"hey, evan? can i talk to you for a sec? in private." issac's face was red from nervousness and the beer.

"yeah, sure." issac and evan walked to a secluded corner that was quiet enough for them both to hear each other.

issac had to stop the flowers from spilling out all over evan before he could speak.

"okay, well, i'm gay a-and i like you. a lot." he stared at evan in fear of what he would say.

evan had dropped his cigarette in the grass and crushed it with his foot. "shit, uh, if i'm being honest with you, i've been thinking about... y'know, that, too and i think i like you too. a lot."

issac literally almost fell back at the words that just came out of his best friend's mouth. plus he was pretty much smashed from all the alcohol. "woah... woah, really? what about that girl you were gonna ask out? jess?"

evan shrugged. "eh, fuck her. she's probably a bitch anyways."

issac felt those damned flowers wither up and die from his lungs. "so you're for real? you like me?"

"i-i mean, yeah. a lot actually." evan was smiling like a big idiot.

"so does that mean we're...?"

evan took a sip of beer from his bottle. "i guess so."

( 𝕙 𝕒 𝕟 𝕒 𝕙 𝕒 𝕜 𝕚 )

alternate ending because my wife threatened to leave me if i didn't write a happy ending
-joshua