Trade Mistakes

So, this is a bit different from what I've done in the past. It's structured backwards. There's a lot of time jumping simply because nothing was happening that could fill those spots. I will apologize now if it's a little confusing with the POV changes and how the timeline for the story is arranged.

***

Wally swore every time he looked at the clock it was going backwards. The minutes were seemingly endless.

Of course his last class of the day was the longest and most boring. His teacher drawled on and on about the Shakespearean tragedy Othello, and honestly Wally couldn't care less.

No sleep the previous night accompanied by a stressful mission and just the extremely boring day he'd been provided, Wally was shocked his head hadn't slipped from his hand and land on his desktop sooner.

The sound drew attention.

"Ah, I see West has something to add." His teacher announced, the annoyance laced in his voice.

"Uh, about?" He asked sheepishly.

His teacher sighed, slightly rolling his head for minor stress relief. "About Othello's decision to kill his wife."

Wally blinked.

"Can you recall how he came to this decision."

"Uh-"

"I didn't think so. Your time outside of class is your time. While I don't care what you do, I will care if it affects your work. Perhaps you need rethink your recreational activities. Can anyone tell me why Othello wants to kill Desdemona?"

"It was because of Iago. He made Othello believe his wife was being unfaithful with a good friend of his. Othello felt threatened and betrayed." Some girl answered who'd actually been paying attention.

He glanced at the clock again, five more minutes and he could head back to the cave. Five more minutes so he could go be stressed out somewhere else. Five more minutes and maybe he could take a nap at the cave. Of course those Five minutes consisted of foot tapping at inhuman speeds and trying to make time go faster by a sheer force of will.

The bell had never sounded as amazing as it did right then and there freeing him from English Literature trying to drown him with Shakespeare.

Artemis stood against the school gate, she didn't look like she'd gotten much sleep either.

"Hey, how'd you get here?" He asked her. "I mean I know how you got here and that you get out about an hour before I do but..."

"I skipped Economics. It's not like I really need it anyways" She provided no further context. She scanned the students filing out of the building. "You heard anything?"

Wally shook his head. "Batman isn't exactly one keep people in the loop about stuff like this."

She hummed softly. "Well Canary said she'd get some answers for us today so lets head back to the cave and see what she came up with."

"You get any sleep last night?"

"No. You?"

"No. I didn't get home until about two seconds before my alarm."

"No wonder you look awful."

He sent her a pointed look.

"Wally you look sick." She stopped walking.

"I'm fine."

"You say that but all signs point to everything but."

Wally resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "I'm not in shock in anymore Artemis. I'm fine."