Meeting The Hobgoblin King

The next morning, Peter and Elsa woke up and ate breakfast. It wasn't as hearty as yesterday, but nobody complained. After feeding the horses, Peter and Elsa got on and got back on their trail. They rode on for several hours. It was late afternoon/close to dusk when Peter and Elsa were on unfamiliar territory. Suddenly, a large hobgoblin in crude armor walked in and said, "Halt! Who goes there?" Peter stifled a smile, because this guard reminded him of Commander Worf from Star Trek

 "It is I, Queen Elsa of Arendelle," Elsa humbly said. The guard looked at Peter and asked, "And you?" Peter cleared his throat and said, "My name is Peter Parker, and I am an outsider." The guard raised an eyebrow and asked, "Outsider? I don't understand." 

"It means he is not of this world," explained Elsa. "No, I literally don't understand that word," replied the guard, "they didn't pick me as a guard for my education. Or lack thereof... What brings you here, Queen of Arendelle?" 

"We humbly wish to speak with your king," requested Elsa, "It is most urgent." The guard nodded and said, "I will grant you passage and speak to the king. Come this way, your majesty." The guard allowed Peter and Elsa to come into the land of hobgoblins, and they walked. The denizens of that land, them being hobgoblins, looked at the two strangers with awe and curiosity. They hadn't seen humans in a long time, especially one of royalty. They were escorted inside. "Wait here," ordered the guard, and he left Peter and Elsa alone. 

 "You think I should change into my suit?" asked Peter. "Only if you want to," replied Elsa. Peter went to a private corner and changed into his Spider-Man costume, minus the mask. He then walked back to Elsa. A minute later, the head guard came back. "The king will allow you to see him," said the guard, "I will have my men take your horses to our stable. But know this, Queen and Outsider, you will speak only when the king permits you to. Understood?" Elsa nodded and said, "Yes, we understand. Thank you." She and Peter walked into the throne room. At the center of the throne room was an old looking hobgoblin wearing royal garbs. His robe was red, and his skin was a sickly green with warts, red pupils, dirty teeth, and a white beard. This was The Hobgoblin King himself.

To make a good first impression, Elsa and Peter knelt down in front of the Hobgoblin King

To make a good first impression, Elsa and Peter knelt down in front of the Hobgoblin King. "Rise up, Queen and Outsider," ordered the Hobgoblin King, "you may speak." Elsa and Peter stood back up. "We thank you for allowing us to speak to you, Hobgoblin King," said Elsa, "it is a true honor." The Hobgoblin King smiled and said, "The honor is mine, Queen of Arendelle. It's not everyday we have royalty visit my land." He eyed Peter and said, "You have quite an interesting costume, outsider. What is your name?"

"My name is Peter Parker," he said. "Peter Parker," said the king, "such an interesting name. That mask you hold. Put it on." Peter nodded and put his mask back on. "You really are odd Peter," said the king, "I like that. How can I help you, Queen of Arendelle?" Peter eyed a crystal mirror. "Hobgoblin King," said Elsa, "we seek your help." The Hobgoblin King chuckled and said, "Of course I can help, but first I have to know why." Peter walked towards the mirror, looking at his reflection. This didn't go unnoticed by the king. "Lovely, isn't it?" he asked. Suddenly, Peter's reflection turned into Venom. His fangs were razor sharp, full of blood. Venom smiled and roared at Peter, making him jump in fright.

 Venom smiled and roared at Peter, making him jump in fright

The Hobgoblin King laughed hysterically at Peter's expense. "Did that really just happen???" Peter asked in shock, breathing intensely. "Yes it did," giggled the King, "that mirror is an old creation of ours. It brings out the worst, ugliest aspects in a person, whoever looks into the mirror. It always brings a laugh to us whenever someone falls for it!" The Hobgoblin King then continued to laugh. Peter understood his words. The worst, and ugliest, aspects he had were back when he was infected by the Symbiote. "Anyway, let's get back to business," said the King.

"Yes," began Elsa, "my companion Peter is not of this dimension." The Hobgoblin King pointed at Peter and asked, "You're from an alternate dimension? How did you end up here?"

"A madman from the planet Titan named Thanos collected 6 powerful gems known as Infinity Stones," explained Peter, "he created an Infinity Gauntlet to wield their power. He used The Gauntlet to banish me to this dimension." The King nodded and said, "I see. How powerful is this Infinity Gauntlet?"

"Anyone who possesses the Infinity Gauntlet is as omnipotent as a god," replied Elsa, "Thanos wiped out half of Peter's universe literally with the snap of a finger." She then snapped her fingers to demonstrate her point. "A god that committs mass genocide?" The King asked, "And people say I'm a monster. Why'd he do it? Bring balance to the universe?"

"All to please his mistress," replied Peter. "Thanos sounds like he's got mommy issues," teased the King. "Elsa told me you have the power to open realms to other dimensions like mine," said Peter. "Is that why you came for my help?" The King asked, "So you can get back home?" Peter and Elsa nodded. "I also wish to help Peter stop Thanos," said Elsa.

"Well you should know that I do not help for free," the King pointed out. "What is your bargain?" Elsa asked. "You will give me The Infinity Gauntlet," ordered the King, "I can consider it among my collections." Before Elsa could ask if that was all, Peter then said, "What if we offered you something better?" The king looked with interest and said, "I'm listening."

"What if we gave you Thanos himself?" Peter offered, "He would be yours to torture for not only your amusement, but also the amusement of your people. We will give you Thanos and the Gauntlet." The Hobgoblin King laughed and said, "I love the way this boy thinks! Very well, so be it. I will help you and the Queen, and you will give me The Infinity Gauntlet, and Thanos himself." Elsa shook his hand and said, "Deal."