Chapter 1

(A/N: what I imagine Sang to look like)

☀︎ Iris ☀︎

When I woke up, Sang was gone. Again. We had only just moved into our new place and she was already playing this card. Wow.
The thing is, if my sister isn't there when my mother gets up... it's my fault. Which makes perfect sense. The worst part is, is that Sang knows it. She knows that I'll get a punishment for this and she doesn't even care. In fact she probably left so that I get the punishment. She is a very loving sister. Obviously.

I found out she had vanished when I got up at 4am, per usual, to start my chores. Normally the first thing I do is get out clothes for both my sisters. My mother says that that's what maids do. And to them I am a maid.
I had gone into Marie's room first, since she is a heavier sleeper and because she was more forgiving than Sang. Honestly Marie doesn't hurt me that much. A few slaps here and there but she wasn't sadistic like mother and Sang. So that's why I sort out her clothes first. To delay punishment.

I then had gone into Sangs room, only to find it empty and the bed not even been slept in. I got her clothes out anyway, in hopes she would be back before breakfast.

After sorting out my sisters clothes I then proceeded to start cleaning. We had just moved in so there was a lot to be done, I had to be fast to avoid repercussions. To speed things up I plugged my headphones into my old, beat up iPod and listened to some Rock music. I love rock music, I feel it in my bones and it makes me feel alive. Like I'm living a worthwhile life.

After three hours of cleaning it was ten past seven and I knew I needed to start on breakfast. I made chocolate chip pancakes as that was what I was craving to smell. It's not like I could eat any, I'm not brave enough for that. I know its awful of me but I pray that mother doesn't have much of an appetite, maybe I can eat some pancakes.

When I finished the pancakes the smell was delicious and intoxicating. I set the full plates at the table, with a glass of orange juice and a mug of coffee by each. I also placed a glass of water and some pills by my mothers meal. I'm guessing the smell wafted up to the bedrooms as Marie then groggily stumbled downstairs. She sat down and started eating. After two minutes my mother came out and did the same thing. I simply stood behind the kitchen counter and watched.

When my mother had finished she looked and the empty chair to her left and then looked at me.
"Where is Sang?" She questioned in a voice surprisingly strong for a woman of her condition.
"I- I- I-" I began but what cut off.
"Do Not stammer, girl. Speak clearly and quickly. I don't want to waste time listening to your disgusting voice."
"Y-yes mother" I replied, trying my hardest no to stammer, my stammer was something I developed long ago. Constant fear does strange things to people.
"Now answer my question you useless, stupid girl." She repeated impatiently.
"I-I don's kn-now w-where sh-she i-i-is" I forced out. I then cringed at my voice, weak and trembling. I felt pathetic.
"You should know where she is!! And didn't I say not to stammer??" Mother raises her voice but adds a icy undertone that makes me shiver.
"I-I-I'm sorry m-m-m-mother" I say, hanging my head to show obedience. It's something I read about wolves, how the omega bows and rolls over to show it is submissive. I do the same with mother, it is fitting since she is very animalistic when angry.
"It's not good enough! You're not good enough!!" She screeches, finally loosing it.
"I-I-I'll be b-better I p-p-promise" I exclaim, inching backwards. I'm still so bruised from my last punishment, I don't want another.
"Your word means nothing, bitch. Don't speak back to me you useless skank. Now grab the rice." She spits.

I do as she says and grabs the rice. I shuffle towards her, dread flowing through my veins. Mother snatched the bad and marches her was towards the wall. She then pours the rice on the floor. I go to kneel but she stops me.
"No." She says. "Do a handstand against the wall." I stare at her dumbfound. This is new. I must have been staring so to long as she suddenly screamed at me.
"HANDSTAND. NOW." I complied. I had no choice but to comply.

After a few minutes the sound of my blood, swooshing in my ears was deafening and my entire body was trembling. This punishment was horrible. Kneeling was better. I'm sure mother knew this and would make this her go to punishment from now on. Oh joy. Mother then came in again. To check I was in the same position.

She then came up to me and punched me in the stomach. I felt my muscles clench but I didn't fall from my position. I knew better than to give in to a little pain. after a few more punches mother became bored. She told me to clean the rice and then clean my room.

After I cleared away the rice I went upstairs to the attic, AKA my room. The attic was small and dusty but I didn't mind. It was my own safe (ish) place and I was content with that. I had just started cleaning when I heard sounds from downstairs. I went down to investigate.

It was Sang.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next will hopefully be up soon :)