Chapter 5

Edited! (New chapter will be out tomorrow!)
☀︎Iris☀︎

Kota, Nathan and I make our way further into Kota's home. He leads us to his bedroom and then closes the door.

"Please, have a seat" he said pointing to the bed. I, however, took a seat on the window seat instead.
"I'll call our friend now" Said Kota. "He should be able to come soon and asses you" I just nod my head and then stare out the window, very aware of my surroundings, without showing it.

"Iris?" Nathan approached carefully, as if I were a fragile animal he was trying not to scare off, which honestly isn't too far from the truth.
"Would you like something to drink?" He asked. I shake my head and stare back out the window.

"Can I ask you some questions?" He asked, carefully again.

I shrug "y-you just d-did" I reply quietly looking anywhere but at him.

He chuckles softly but continues to ask more questions.

"Which house do you live in?" He asked. I pointed to my house, next door.

"That one? Really?" He asked, shocked. I nod and he and Kota exchange looks.

Kota then asks me the next question. "What are the names of your siblings?" He asked very cautiously.

"M-M-Marie a-a-and-" I take a breath. "M-Marie and S-S-S-Sang."

They don't seem to notice the struggle I went through to say Sang's name and move onto the next question, after another silent exchange.

"Why are you out at this time of night?" Nathan asked.

"C-Couldn't sl-leep." I replied simply. It wasn't untrue. I never can sleep properly.

Just before they could ask me another question we were interrupted by the sound of the front door opening downstairs and some whispered words.

"That'll be our friend" Said Kota.

"Th-this qui-ick?" I asked, surprised.

"He was in the area" Kota replied simply, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

I heard footsteps creeping up the stairs and then the bedroom door slowly creeped open. Two men entered, one with curly blonde hair and shocking green eyes and another with jet black hair and stone grey eyes.

"You must be Iris" the blond man said in a giggly voice full to the brim of energy and smiles.

I nodded my head silently, feeling cornered in this small room with too many people.

"Nice to meet you! I am Dr Sean Green and this is my friend Owen Blackbourne!" He introduced themselves cheerily.

Again I nodded and mumbled a "n-n-nice to m-m-meet y-you t-t-too". Dr Green then approached me to give me a check up but I again flinched.

"S-S-S-Sorry." I said quietly and embarrassed.

"No no, I'm sorry." Said Dr Green "I didn't mean to scare you." He started approaching again, slower this time, and sat next to me on the window seat.

"You feel from a tree, am I correct?" He asked, keeping strong eye contact with made me uncomfortable.

"Y-Yeah." I replied, even more embarrassed. I felt my cheeks heat up and so I looked away, the most embarrassed I have even been.

Dr Green chuckled quietly, "no need to be embarrassed." I continued to look away and fiddled with my hands in my lap. Dr Green then turned to the other three in the room, "could you please leave while I examine Iris here?" He asked politely, shifting into doctor mode.

"Of course" Mr Blackbourne replied and they all exited, Kota and Nathan giving me encouraging smiles as they went.

"Now then" Dr Green started "where does it hurt?"

Honestly I hurt everywhere, all the time. My body is constantly in pain and because of that I can't tell what's from the fall and what's from... other things. So I play it safe.

"M-Mainly m-my left wris-st" I say quietly "I-I m-managed to la-a-and on m-my a-a-arms to p-p-protect myself b-b-but I-I h-hurt my wrist." This way he will only look at my arm and nowhere else.

Dr Green checks out my wrist, and while he does so I keep my fist balled. I don't want him to see the rice indents and other scars on my palms.

After a few minutes of "does this hurt"s and "how does this feel"s Dr Green was finally done checking out my wrist.

"It's just a minor sprain." He said, "Rest it for a couple weeks and it'll be fine. Are you in pain anywhere else?" He asked carefully. I shake my head without making eye contact "I'm f-f-fin-ne" I reply, not wanting to cause any trouble.

"I-I sh-should pro-obably head-d back h-home n-now, th-thank y-you for h-helping m-me-e." I said with a small smile and walked out if Kota's bedroom.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I bid the others goodbye and went back to my house. Nervous, as per usual.

Hi, all I can say is sorry. I'm so sorry for taking so long to update. I will actually update again soon since I've had a few more ideas for this book! Thank you for 1k reads I'm really happy, I really am thankful!! Thanks for reading, please comment, your comments always make me 100x happier. :)) xx