Chapter 1: The Failed Summoning

After finally getting my certificate and graduating from a hellish six month course, I finished packing my things and was ready to leave for home the next morning. I sat down on my bed and scanned the room to make sure I hadn't left anything behind - not like it would matter anyway since I was coming back after I graduated university.

Stifling a yawn with the back of my hand, I glanced at the wall that divided my room from my parents. It was late at night and everything was quiet, save for the occasional snoring.

(Guess I should sleep too...)

Feeling my eyelids beginning to close, I walk towards the light switch on the other side of the room and killed the light. The room was black as the night and I couldn't see a thing in front of me, but I already memorized where everything was so there was no need to bother with a flashlight.

(So why the hell is there glowing-?)

I looked down and finally realized that I was the one that was glowing. Pale blue light enveloped my entire body and I was too shocked to scream or call for help. The next thing I remembered was...

A magic circle appearing beneath my feet, the strong winds swirling from inside and pulling me away. My vision turned foggy and my head felt dizzy like I was in one of those amusement park rides. The glow intensified as I floated off the ground.

(Wait! What is this?! Someone help me!)

And just like that... I disappeared from the face of the earth...

Voices of several people were the first thing I heard when I regained consciousness

Voices of several people were the first thing I heard when I regained consciousness. Two sounded angry at each other and a third one sounded concerned. A fourth voice was present but it barely expressed any emotion.

I forced my eyes to open and look at my surroundings. There were three men in the room and one girl. Once they noticed that I was awake, they all stopped talking and stared at me.

(Who... are they? Was I kidnapped?)

I was too scared to move so I didn't. Staring back at them, I realized that they wore very fancy clothing. Cosplayers, perhaps?

"How are you feeling?" The blond man spoke first as he approached me.

I flinched when he crouched down beside the couch that I was lying on and inspected my eyes.

"Don't worry," he assured me, his own eyes looking concerned, "we won't hurt you."

I blinked at him, not sure how to reply to him. When I didn't respond, the man looked behind him at the girl and she walked over with a comforting smile.