Chapter 3: Nightingale

"What is this place?"

I looked around at the pub full of students who were wearing black uniforms. We were brought here by Zeus after classes were over, though he originally only meant to bring me along. He didn't seem to mind the extra company so I guess he doesn't mind for our group to be this big.

Caesar, Alfonse, and Liz were sitting at a nearby table and chatting amongst themselves while Zeus, Hiro, and I took our seats at the counter. My legs were too short for my feet to reach the foot rest so I just gave up and crossed my legs so they wouldn't dangle.

"This is the Night Cafe. Students from the Night Class come here to relax." Zeus explained to me as he tapped the surface of the counter three times.

My eyes widened when a colorful beverage magically appeared in front of him. Zeus smirked upon noticing my reaction and handed me the drink.

"Isn't this yours?" I asked him.

"Nah, this is a sweet non-alcoholic drink for you." He gently pushed the glass in my hands towards my lips. "Try it out."

Urged by Zeus to try the magical drink, I closed my eyes and took a sip. He said he made this drink for me so I felt the need to be cautious. But when the liquid touched my taste buds I felt a mix of flavors bursting in my mouth that I couldn't help but make a pleasant sound as I greedily slurped more of it.

"That good, huh?" Zeus watched me sway in my seat as I drank merrily.

"Mhm! I never had something this delicious before!" I exclaimed. "It's my new favorite drink!"

Zeus smiled as if my words were high praise.

"I'll make you some anytime you want then," He offered, tapping the counter again to make a different beverage for himself.

"Try not to get overly excited by everything he does." Hiro spoke without caring that Zeus will hear him. "All that praise is gonna go to his head. It'll be tiring for me if he starts showing off."

I laughed nervously when Zeus started yelling again after hearing Hiro complain about him. Hiro simply talked back and the two started trading insults. Not wanting to be in the middle of their argument, I slowly slipped away from the counter and joined the others for more quiet company.

"You'll get used to it," Liz giggled after I sat down next to her.

"Are they like this everyday?" I asked them in a hushed whisper, not wanting Zeus to hear me.

"Pretty much," Caesar replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"But things become more lively when it gets like this so it's not as bad as you think," Alfonse added with a smile.

"You're so positive, Alfonse. It's kind of amazing." I applauded him quietly.

During my day in Gedonelune Academy, I got to meet quite a lot of people who were friends of Liz. There were too many for me to remember in such a short time though...