Chapter 19

Ezmerelda

Gosh, Finn is such a flirt. But, yeah, that's why he's so hilarious.

The next morning we had Professor Quaff, she was a younger lady, with long black straight hair, she was really pretty actually. She taught flying lessons to the first years, and we were going to have to go twice, and today was the first day. We were going to practice with the Slytherins today. Next time I think it's supposed to be Hufflepuff. Anyways, August, Finn and I headed out to the field where we were supposed to have class, a few kids were already there, along with the broomsticks we would be using today. (August apologized this morning too.) We just sat in the grass for a while, then some Slytherins started showing up.

"Have you ever ridden a broom before?" I asked the boys. Finn nodded, "I can show you how anytime, I'll always clear my schedule for you Ezzie." He said smirking. August spoke up, "I haven't ever ridden one before... That's because I'm... I'm... I'm an uhh..."

"Mudblood?"

Finn gasped. We turned around to see who the cruel word came from.

Laila?

She sat down beside August, who had been playing with a blue and green bracelet in his hands, it looked like someone had made it. Laila snatched the bracelet out of his hand and examined it closely, then put it on her arm.

"Can I have this? I'm taking it. Thanks!"

She then got up and started to walk away. August looked at us with fear and terror in his eyes. Finn shot up into the air a few seconds before I did. We rushed over and got in front of Laila, blocking her path, exchanging confused glances.

"Uhm, can you please get out of my way Ezmerelda? Finn, I'd love to stay and chat with a guy as hot as you, but maybe another time?" She had said with a flirty tone while twisting a piece of her hair.

I looked over as Finns emotions changed from angry, to flirtatious (with a smirk,) to furious.

"You can't trick me like that, and don't talk to Ez that way!" Finn said to her in a loud voice, I saw other students starting to look at us.

"Oh look, Finn is protecting his girlfriend, I don't see why he would pick someone that terrifyingly ugly, I don't know how she got so lucky." she said with a smirk. I felt a sharp pang in my chest with those words as tears started to gather in my eyes.

I now see how she got into Slytherin...