Hate

" You can't count on anyone, especially your heroes"
- Syndrome, The Incredibles

" I'm sorry, but you have to be realistic. Its just not possible, kid. You can't become a hero."

You can't become a hero.

Those words rang in Izuku's ears like the aftermath of a gun shot being fired.

As the lanky form of All Might kept speaking to him, he wasn't really listening anymore. His body and mind were frozen as if time stopped. Standing there with wide unshed tear-filled eyes burning into the ground. Trying desperately to deny what he just heard.

In one instant..........in one moment.......... his hopes were crushed.

Today was bad enough as it is. As if it wasn't his normal routine already. First he is embarrassed in front of his whole class. Again. Then Katsuki decides to burn and then throw his notebook to become fish food following up with a suggestion to kill himself. He almost dies at the hands of sludge villain, only for his favorite hero and idol, All Might, to save him.

Here he thought things were finally looking up.

He just wanted one person to believe in him. For a person, any person to tell him he could do it. Something different than he's been told his whole life.

Just a different tune to listen to.

He thought All Might would be that person. Would be his last hope.

He was wrong.

All wrong.

He was fool for thinking otherwise.

He fell to his knees and clutched his heap of hair with his body trembling terribly.

Eleven years.

Eleven years of being laughed at.......

Eleven years of bullying.......

Eleven years of physical and mental abuse.......

Eleven years of pain, suffering, and torment. Constantly being told that your useless.

For nothing.

All for nothing.

Why did he like heroes so much?
Why was he so attracted to them?

He knew that answer of course. The cool quirks, the hero names with their awesome costumes, the so called sense of justice. He wanted that, he wanted to be like that.

He wanted to be a hero or someone that people looked up to.

Like.........the heroes who let his mom die.

That's right, die.

She was dead because some hero didn't think she was worth it at the time and for the icing on the cake; the murderer got away.