27

Appearing through the door of his hospital room, I knocked on the door peeking my head in and smiling. His head began to turn as he noticed me standing there.

"Hey mama, come on in," I walked in moving closer towards his bed.

He had bandages in small areas, bruises and scars on his body, a bruised lip, and a scratch along his cheek. He had his arm wrapped up and stained blood oozed through the white medical tape.

Wanting to break down, a tear trailed down my face, making me turn away from him escaping more and more tears as I sat along his bed.

Taking a hold of my hand, he allowed me to turn to him with my red puffy eyes.

"Parker, don't worry bout me mama, I'll be fine. Ion want you cryin' baybeh, be strong...fa me please?"

I smiled, "Of course, I'll try," scooting closer to him, I laid up in the bed next to him.

Holding me close to him, I could feel his warm fingertips pressing against the material of my jacket. Just in this moment made me feel secure and safe. The man I love in my presence with no interruptions. What will kill me the most is telling him the news.

"Please tell me you didn't go to see Darrien."

I could feel his heart beat syncing with mine, "Of course I did Parker..needed to tell that nigga how I really feel. Ion want him round my girls and soon as I get up outta here, we going to court on they asses."

I chuckled at his last comment.

"Baby you are a mess...but I don't see the issue of Kairi staying with you full time, you just need a GOOD lawyer."

"Yeah, just wait..we gon walk up in that courtroom and hit they asses with shit they ain't even see coming."

My heart began to slowly drop at the fact that he mentioned 'walking'. I didn't want to break it to him just yet, but he needs to figure out at some point.

Not noticing he was still talking, he looked down at me.

"Something on ya mind you wanna talk bout? I sense you fading away mama."

"It's nothing...if I could, I would lay right here with you all day," looking up at him, we shared a blissful kiss.

Roaming his hands down towards my ass, he pressed me closer towards his body as our lips stayed attached. Feeling his hand smoothly take my jacket off, our lips departed before focusing back on each others lips.

I couldn't bare the feeling of kissing him any longer with a secret holding in..a secret that will change his life forever. Pulling away, I looked into his deep brown eyes.

"D-Dave..."

The feeling began to eat my insides.

"What's up baybeh?" he looked at me confused.

Taking a deep breath, I proceeded, "How do your legs feel?"

He shrugged his lips before trying to move them, for it was impossible at this point in time.

"They aren't moving Parker! What's going on? Nah, maybe they're just numb from the accident or they just fell asleep."

Sensing that fear grew inside him, my hand began to rub and down along his shoulder, trying to ease his mind with comfort.

"I have to tell you something for the sake of YOUR own good..."

My puffy eyes began to start up the waterfalls as he looked at me with such a calm face. Trying to open my mouth and breaking the silence began tough. How do you tell someone who you love deeply that they may not have the chance to walk ever again?