31

Thanksgiving Day

The time has now come and everyone is getting ready for Thanksgiving. Since it's just me and Kairi, Slime invited us all over to the crib. Of course I couldn't say no.

As far as cooking, I decided to make potato salad, barbecue wings, and since I love baking, Kairi helped me make a pumpkin roll. Trust and believe, I couldn't leave the house without a bottle of wine for the ladies. On behalf of Kairi, I'm not going to drink though.

Placing the pans of food in a large box, I picked it up and placed it by the door before going back towards my room to apply a dark cherry lip gloss. My attire included a dark mustard sweater dress and burgundy thigh boots that had a nice heel. To top it off, I added a cheetah print scarf and my hair was sixteen inches of bone straight extensions.

Styling Kairi, she wore a red and black plaid skirt that was three inches past her knee, a velvet black sweater, black stockings, and shiny flats. For her hair, she wanted to wear her two buns, so why not let her have it? With a small pearl necklace and matching earrings, she was set. If you didn't think that was cute enough, her skirt matched the bow that was in her hair.

Locking up the house, we gathered up the box, plus my purse, and headed down to the car. Once I strapped her inside her car seat, I closed the door and headed towards the drivers side. Starting up the car, my bluetooth was on and the navigation system led me straight to Slime's house.

Looking back up at the rear view mirror, Kairi had ear buds in and was playing on her iPad. For the most part, I only see her on the device when we're in the car which is good.

Focusing on the road, I felt excited that this will be my first thanksgiving not behind a desk or in front of a TV. I don't really speak to my family after what's happened over the years, and I don't plan on it.

****

Pulling up in front of the house, I cam to a complete stop to only see Regina waving at me from the glass door. Lord, what will I do with a girl like her in my life? Coming out of the car, I assisted Kairi out of the car and watched as she ran through the grass and towards Regina.

Taking the box out, I closed the door with my butt and walked up through the driveway to get towards the front door.

"Ah, here come Parker trynna act all boujie, we KNOW you special and don't wanna get ya boots dirty," Regina snickered at me laughing before holding out the door for me. Once we came inside, I headed towards the kitchen with the box and everyone greeted me.

"Hey guys," exclaiming loudly, the corners of my lips curved as I smiled at everyone. Sean took the box from me before Slime came through and gave me a hug.

"How ya doing mama?" looking up at him, I shook my head nodding, reassuring him that I was okay. Knowing Dave is in the hospital is tough, but we all agreed to go down to the hospital after dinner to spend the rest of the night with Dave.

"We family and we got ya back no matter what P, I mean that," rubbing my shoulder slightly, my small smile appeared before he pulled away and I went around to greet everyone else in the house. Even then, I got to meet new faces and others were some of Slime's close family.

"You're such a sweet girl Parker, I hope that Dave put a little bling bling on that finger one day. Watching him grow has been rough, but these men are strong and have thick blood, they look out for each other. Between me and you, I don't even like half of these women in here," laughing along with Slime's mother was hysterical.

She has her own little thrift store that Slime help pay for and she sells name brand items that are at a well decent price. What I'm trying to get are those African head wraps she's selling. A good twenty-five dollars and it's from Guyana? Hell yes! Plus, I only have three.