Prologue: The Beginning of It All

"Again Lu-chan." I hear my best friend and roommate Levy say as I lift my head up to look at her "Sorry Levy." I say chuckling nervously. I rub my eyes and stretch my arms above my head "It's fine Lu, but you need your rest and you need a break from job hunting, you can do that in the morning." she says picking up my laptop plugging it in to charge and sets it on the counter. I stand up and start walking to my room to get some shut eye for the rest of the night. I open my door and walk over to my bed falling down on top of my mattress landing on my stomach curling up into a ball.

"Goodnight Lucy~!" I hear Levy say as she passes by my room, I mumble a 'goodnight' back only loud enough for me to hear as I give in to my sleepiness.

I hear a faint knock on my door that starts to stir me awake. I groan not wanting to wake up, but rub my eyes trying to wake myself up. I turn over onto my side facing the door to see a cheerful Levy standing in my door way, her fist resting on the door like she was about to knock a bit louder. I smile at my best friend and clear my throat before I start to talk.

"Morning Lev." I say sitting up half way resting my head in between my hands. She smiles and giggles "Morning Lu." I stretch my arm to reach my phone, but give up. I look at levy and chuckle nervously "Do you know what time it is?" I ask her sweetly with an innocent smile.

"It's 6:20 in the morning, oi! I'm making us some eggs and pancakes for breakfast!" she says shouting as she starts walking to the kitchen. I fully sit up and grab my pink fluffy robe, not bothering to tie it to stay wrapped around me. I start following to where Levy left to, as I head into the living room, I glance in the kitchen seeing Levy plating the eggs and starting on the pancakes. I giggle quietly and move towards the counter unplugging my laptop. I grab it and walk back towards the island setting my laptop down in front of me while pulling out one of the bar stools sitting down.

I start reopening the tabs I was on last night and start working on the applications. I hear a soft thump besides me and glance over seeing a plate piled with eggs, pancakes, and a piece of toast. I look towards Levy's direction smiling at her "Thank you Levy-chan~!!!" I say happily as I move my laptop away and place the plate in front of me. I get up walking towards the fridge grabbing syrup, butter, and a carton of orange juice setting the items down gently then proceed to get two glasses from the cupboard placing them down with the rest of the items. I start to pour orange juice in each of the two glasses, I watch Levy move to the bar stool next to mine, I place her glass next to her plate.

"Thank you Lu-chan~!!" Levy says grabbing the syrup to pour over her pancakes, then sets it down in the middle of the island counter. 

"Your welcome Lev." I tell her grabbing my glass and moving back to my spot. I set my glass down by my plate and grab the butter putting a nice medium slab in the middle of my stacks, then place it down grabbing the syrup pouring it all over my stack of pancakes. I place it back down in it's original spot on the island and start digging in. I moan at the taste of the fluffy sweet pancakes making Levy laugh "Is it good?" she asks as I nod tears of joy in my eyes "You make the best pancakes ever Levy!! Who ever marries you is going to love your cooking." I say making her roll her eyes playfully at my reaction. After our little exchange we eat in silence making small talk every now and then. Once we finish I grab our dishes and start washing them clean placing the clean dishes on a small drying rack as Levy starts putting away the cold items back in the fridge. I find a drying towel setting on the counter folded neatly and start to wipe off the remaining residue off of the dishes placing them in the cupboard one by one. I hear Levy clear her throat and look back at her as she is looking through my different applications on my laptop. 

"Hey you should apply at our favorite club I heard they are looking for waitresses and bartenders." she says as I grab the drying towel behind me and fold it nicely setting it back down on the counter.