Eleven

Flashback

Mutassim was seated in his parlor holding his one year old son Abdulwahab when a call came through, he didn't want to answer it but he also didn't want her to get angry at him either.

"Hey. What's up?" He asks in a whisper.
"I want us to meet. Here in Kaduna".

"Why? You know I can't leave my work and my wife".
"Mutassim we need to talk. I want to see you now, I really miss you so much".

"I'm sorry baby. I'll come this weekend so we can spend it together. It would be the only break I have this month".

"And you want to spend it with me? that's sweet".
"Anyways I have to go I'm with my son".

"Which one? Abdulrazaq?" She asks.
Just then Madina comes in with Aziza behind her. They both sat down.

"Mutassim aren't you going to answer?" She asks again.
"Oh sorry. I will see you this weekend as planned. It means everything to me that you'll take this time to meet with me".

"Okay then. Bye but don't forget to call later". She ends the call.

"Who was that? Dr. Jibril again? Tell him to let you spend time with your family" Madina says pouting.
"You know I'd love that more than anything but work is work".
Then a message came in.

"Yeah he just texted me but what would I do without him?" He asks referring to a completely different person.

"Abba can Nabila and I go to anty Saffiya 's house tomorrow after school." she asks.

"Why not go during this weekend. I'll be going to Kd with her husband. You all can go and see her, Your mother too".

"But I'll be busy" Madina protests.
"You need to rest too"

End Of Flashback

:

Hadiza sat down shaking her legs. She couldn't wait any longer. She has been waiting for over 10 minutes and he still hasn't arrived.
She felt everything that was happening is because she's been with a married women and this is her Karma but she also cared about him deeply. She's in the same situation as Fuad, she loves someone else but she still has feelings for the other one too. She knows confronting him now would hurt them both, she knows how much he loves her and if she wanted he'd even marry her tomorrow but she's not being fair and she understands that more than anyone.

"Hadiza!' He calls her loudly.
"You're here" she smiles sadly.

"I've been calling you, What were you thinking about deeply?" He asks her worriedly.

"Fuad. I'm thinking about how Karma has caught up to me because I'm with you" she scoffs "And it caught me with your sister, the irony".

"But you have me"
"Exactly Mutassim, I can't have you because you belong to another".

"I could belong to 3 more"
"But I'm not going to be part of that three"
"What are you talking about?"

"I hate feeling like the villain in your wife's story"
"We aren't talking about my wife. We are talking about us"

"And what is us? You're married with 4 children and a sweet wife and yet you are cheating, I'd die if it was me"

"When I met you 9 years ago. You pushed me away but then I approached you at a wedding later. The only reason you agreed to seat with me was because you saw Fuad, through out that night your eyes were on him. But he didn't even notice you and there I was trying to impress you and now Fuad is getting married and he's not marrying you like you wanted".

"I know, more than you can imagine. But you have to think about your wife, kids, your work, so please let's end this".

"How can I? If I had met you earlier I wouldn't have married Madina".
"If you had met me earlier nothing would still have happened".

"I did this for you, so we can be together. I never really cared about Rumaisa. She was my least favorite and she was always nagging and crying. It's unfortunate Fuad had to be the one I would hook her up with".

"What?! You did this?" She asks slowly getting up from her chair.
"If that's what it takes"

She gasps.
"But why?"
"Because you mean that much to me, you made me feel like a man when no one could. I felt like I mattered, in fact I still do whenever I'm with you".

"I'm leaving, this is over and I want you to forget me".

"And if I don't darling?"
"I would if I were you" she picks up her bag and walks away.

:

Sarah kept pacing around. Waiting for him. She had to do this.
"Saratu? What happened?" Fuad asks.

"Thank god you're here. I want to tell you something"
He pulls a chair out for her and sits beside her.

"What's up?" He asks curiously.
"It's about Rumaisa. I shouldn't be telling you this but I need you to know".
He looks at her questionably.

"She loves you so much. I know she does. She was so excited when she heard about that wedding".

"But it didn't seem that way when we met".
"She had to pretend, she didn't want to agree and then you'd decline the marriage so I brought up the idea of pretending she didn't want it".
He stays quiet.
"If you really love her like you say you do. Take time and think about it".

Flashback
2 YEARS AGO

"You say you really love me right?"
"Come on. Do you really have to ask? I do" Sarah answers back.

"Do this one favor for me, please" Jabir begs.
"But what will that change for us. Let's let them be".

"Nah. Mutassim came up with a good plan that I'm okay with".
"So what are you going to do now?"

"I will do everything, all you have to do is film it".
"But you're going to stop thinking about her right after that right?"
"Come on baby. Of course I will" he kisses her.
"Okay. I'll call her later".
"Thanks baby".

And that's how 4 people joined the game. Each one going after the person they love. And then the two people in the middle who are unaware what their relationship is doing behind their backs.

Falling in love with the wrong person. The person that would ruin you even though they are unaware.

End of Flashback

:

"Thank you for telling me Saratu".
"You're welcome".

"Well honestly I thought you were this dumb, spoilt girl but I realized it's better not to judge a book by its cover".

"Are you talking about when Mami made us travel to Nassarawa together?"
"Well obviously. But that's how I knew Rumaisa might not be a bad person after all. And I saw it".

"I'm not so sure".
"Oh really why?"

"Don't take my words too seriously. You should go to work. I will go in and greet Momi, baba and then chat with Fatima. Can you take me back home when you get back from work?"

"I don't mind. Sure".
"Thanks nephew"

"Slap it on my face. Tell the world you're my mum's younger sister".
"Step younger sister".

"Still the same but I'm older"
"And I'm prettier"

"Okay"
"Leave. Be careful on the road".

"Since you are my aunt come and drive me there".
"Nooo you are older you drive. I'm your younger aunt"

"That does not make sense".
"But now it does".

"Alright. Tell Fatima to keep that soup she made".
"Wait what soup?"

"My favorite l"
"You didn't tell me"

She picks up her bag and veil and started jogging to the door.
"Don't come back late" she says still jogging.
He gets up laughing and left.

: