Something More

I was paralysed in shock. This can't be happening again... He's so- emotionless. His voice had cracked earlier as he spoke to me, and now, his hands were on the back of my head, pushing me closer to him, in- desperation? I wasn't sure what to do. My hands were inching up his back just like before, and I only realised when my fingers pushed themselves into his hair. Well, looks like I don't have to decide... I hesitantly began to move my lips with his, slowly at first, but I soon gripped his head harder and shuffled myself into a more comfortable position, just as Xavier's tongue pried open my mouth and he began to circle his tongue with mine. I wasn't very experienced in the art of 'passionate' kissing since my fiancé beforehand had never really done anything like this, not to mention we never really kissed much. So I was happy going along with what Xavier was doing right now because I felt comfortable enough to do so.

I was suddenly lifted into the air, and Xavier carried me over to the bed, still keeping our lips locked. He gently placed me onto one side of the bed and crawled over me to get to the opposite side. He wrapped his arms around my waist and moved a strand of hair from my face. He pulled back, and I took in a large breath, my eyes wide. I saw Xavier's mouth curving upwards until an actual smile graced his face. This was- unnatural. He was actually 'lowering' his forcefield. I looked down, a blush creeping up my cheeks. "Willow." His voice was low, and he sounded out of breath. I hummed in reply. "Do you want me to stop?" I looked up at him questioningly. "Now?" He nodded. "Um... Maybe... But- forever? Well, I don't know. Do 'you' want to stop?" I heard him laugh lightly.
"No."
"Me neither..."
"That's good to hear." I was wrong when I thought I was as close as possible to Xavier. He pulled me even closer, and it became hard for me to breathe as Xavier began breathing deeply.

Déja-vù... It's like a couple of nights ago... Xavier has fallen asleep again, but this time, it was with me in his arms. I, why do I keep feeling so clueless? I finally found someone who doesn't just want me because I'm a young Elven woman... Why can't I just shut up and enjoy what I have? Yeah, that's a good idea. Good going, Willow. Mhm. And, you're talking to yourself. I shook my head and curled up into Xavier. But- what happens if someone manages to capture him? Maybe this relationship isn't the best thing after all... I bit my lip and looked at the man before me. He had such a calm expression, you would never think he was bent on world domination. Perhaps I can change his mind. A loud clatter coming from outside the room got my attention and I shot up, waking Xavier in the process. He saw me up and instantly put his arms around me, looking around. "What is it?"
"Something from- out there." I nodded my head towards the door of the room. He slipped off the bed and made his way out of the room. I soon heard a curse. "Klinthar you idiot! Don't scare her like that!" I know he was trying to be quiet, but I could still hear the harshness in his words. Who was this 'Klinthar' anyway? Answering my question, Xavier soon returned, pulling by the scruff a large, white wolf. I backed up against the wall, staring at it with wide eyes. Xavier let it go in front of me. "Apologise." The wolf, who I was assuming was Klinthar, turned to Xavier and growled annoyedly. 'Why should I apologise to an elf.' Xavier crouched down to look him in the eyes. "Because if you don't, then I swear I will rip out your eye." Klinthar turned back to me and grumbled. 'It's not like she can understand me anyway.' My mouth twitched up for a second. "Maybe if you did what he said I could have a conversation with you without Xavier breathing down our necks..." Klinthar looked flabbergasted. 'Who the hell is this elf?!'
"This 'elf' is called Willow. And I can understand you well enough thank you." I held back a laugh at his surprised face. 'But this is the elf from the expedition.'

"I know." Xavier came over to me and sat on the bed, putting his arm around my waist.
'Are you- going soft?'  Xavier laughed slightly.
"Only for Willow." I cringed. That was cheesy.
'Sorry for scaring you. I suppose.'
"Thank you, Klinthar." He was actually quite sweet, once I'd had a civilized conversation with him. He had some severe trust issues, but I think he's slowly warming up to me, even if he isn't keen that Xavier likes me. I'm still getting used to that too though...