~eighty-eight~

Chapter 88

I stretch then roll over, hoping to catch a few more minutes of sleep before I have to get up and face the day, which is sure to be a long one. Peanut had me up every two hours last night. She's still feverish and quite cranky. Tessa even woke up around 3 a.m. for the first time in a long time to nurse so I imagine I'll be sleepwalking through yet another day.

Tobias must sense that I'm waking because he moves closer and presses his lips to the sensitive spot beneath my left ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine. As he kisses my neck, his hand glides its way down my body and sneaks under my sleep shirt, which is one of his old t-shirts and up to cover my breast. He gently kneads the full mound while he continues kissing my neck. I gasp when he pinches my aching nipple then rolls it between his thumb and fingers. I turn my head, seeking his lips, and he doesn't disappoint. Our mouths meet in a hungry kiss, our tongues tasting each other. I mold myself to him, wanting him inside me right now. He drags his lips from mine and moves his mouth back to my neck while we grope each other.

"Do you want to?" he breathlessly asks against my ear, his voice gravelly and seductive. Like I have a choice. I'm a slave to his touch but I can't help teasing. It isn't every morning he wakes up wanting sex. It's usually me.

"Want to what?" I ask in a surprisingly normal voice. His head snaps back, and he stares down at me like I've just grown a second head. I do my damnedest to keep a straight face but I can't help the giggles that escape my lips.

"You little minx," he says. "Do you want to have sex?"

"Hhm," I say, acting like I'm not already aching terribly for him. "What if I'm not in the mood?"

"I have ways of putting you in the mood," he says.

"And how do you intend to do that?" I ask, running my fingertips down his cheek as my thumb sweeps across his full bottom lip.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeves," he says as he rolls over on top of me, giving me his weight. I toss my head back, exposing my neck to him, and he glides his tongue from my collarbone up to nibble on my chin.

"But you're not wearing a shirt," I pant.

"What?" he asks, genuinely confused but his mouth never leaves my body.

"You said you have a few tricks up your sleeves but you don't have a shirt on," I roughly say, my heavy breathing betraying my arousal. I feel his lips curl into a smile against the base of my neck.

"You ... are ... in ... rare ... form ... this ... morning ... love," he says, placing kisses here and there - my cheeks, eyes, temple, shoulders, neck, jaw - in between words. "I ... like ... it." He suddenly rolls us, our feet getting tangled in the quilt, and we both kick until we are free and lying on only our wrinkled white sheets. He pulls my mouth to his and gives me a hungry kiss. He thrusts his tongue though my parted lips and touches mine. The intimate contact sets off a profound throbbing need deep inside, and I sit back, straddling his hips, and rip his t-shirt off over my head, needing to feel his bare skin on mine. He sits up and again our lips are moving in synchronization and our tongues are dueling for dominance. He flips us so that, once more, I'm beneath his magnificent body. While he drops kisses on my neck, I explore his familiar male form with my inquisitive hands. I feel his rippled muscles harden then relax under my gentle touch. I moan when his hot, moist, talented mouth finds my aching breast and grasp the back of his head with one hand and twist the sheets with the other. He captures the peaked nipple between his lips and sucks it further into his tantalizing mouth. He rakes his teeth over the hardened bud causing a low, lustful groan to rattle in my chest.