Capture the Flag

Hello! This is my brand new Spy School Fanfiction! This story's been rattling around in my head for a while, so I'm so glad I'm finally putting it in print! I did a SS FF in the past and had so much fun with it! (PS This started on FanFiction but I have moved to Wattpad as well)

To be clear, this does not in any way correlate with my other one, Spy School Turns Evil, and this is in between Spy School Secret Service and Spy School Goes South.

I am a writer that doesn't believe in super long chapters, but believes in shorter updates. I will try to post every one to four (at the most) days. I do shorter chapters and quicker updates. And let me promise you: I WILL FINISH MY STORIES! I get so annoyed when I like a story but the writer doesn't and discontinuous it. No matter how bad I think it is, I will finish it.

Finally, I LOVE comments and reviews! :) I am still in middle school, thus my writing isn't amazing, so I love to hear from my senior writers and readers that enjoy or have constructive criticism about my work.

Anyway, please enjoy my new Spy School story, Clash of Spies! :)

I scrambled through the forest, vegetation tearing at my knees. Clutching my gun, I stumbled over a root, rolling and falling down the hill. Bullets raced over my head, and I dodged them quickly. The smell of latex filled the air.

Another paintball splattered on the ground next to me and I scrambled for cover. Finding none, I was an easy target for my shooter. I tried to run, but no such luck. The paintball whacked me on the back and another on my leg. The impact made me fall and I crashed to the ground. Even though I was "dead" in my school paintball fight, I didn't care. I whooped in joy because finals were over! After two long, grueling weeks, I had finally taken all my exams from my second year of The Academy of Espionage. I was on to my third year of Spy School. I honestly couldn't believe I was alive this long. Evil organizations repeatedly tried to kill me with missiles, guns, bombs and virally everything else. Even though that sucked, Spy School was way better than my old middle school.

I whipped my head around, trying to pinpoint my attacker. In a tree, about eighty yards away, I saw her. Erica Hale. Gun cocked, she was sniping people from her tree. Erica just finished her fourth year of Spy School and was going onto her fifth, though technically she was in the business longer than all of us. Her great-great-great... something grandfather was none only than Nathan Hale himself. Her family were all talented spies for generations and even though she was over eighty yards away, she still hit me dead on. Not only is Erica super talented, she is also stunningly beautiful. She has dark, wavy hair, piercing blue eyes, and perfect bone structure. She also could render twenty heavily armed men unconscious in a matter of seconds. My ideal women. My first gigantic crush. The only con was that she had no emotion at all or even didn't want to have any friends. She called friends and relationships a 'liability in the spy world', which I guess was true. I am the closest thing anyone would call a friend of hers, and I haven't talked to her in over three weeks. She is known throughout the school as the "Ice Queen", meaning she is always icy, which is also true.

But recently, she has been even more icier than usual, which scared everyone at school. Erica doesn't like to share emotions or show them, no matter what was going on, so her being upset was unsettling. There was rumors spreading around that she flunked one of her exams, but I knew that was all speculation. Erica had never gotten anything lower than an A+ at this school, whereas I am a D- average student. Give me regular school, I'll give you an A+. Spy School? If I got an A it would be a miracle. She was acting like this even before exams and finals even started.

Anyway, Erica was even more snappish to the few people she talked to and was giving everyone the cold shoulder. I was shocked when she agreed to play this war game. This game wasn't assigned by the professors and it was a fun way to let loose after the finals everyone was stressing about. Practically the whole school was involved and it was a lot of fun. But Erica never does anything like this. When she said yes, I was pleasantly surprised. If Erica has any free time, you'll probably find her in the Target Range or Training Center.