Chapter Two

Through the whole lesson Sapphire didn't say a word to me or amethyst. Amethyst and Pearl did manage to get into small arguments on the very first day. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful as well. After homeroom we had to split up. I had math with pearl, Amethyst had French and Sapphire had history. Pearl kept raising her hand. Seriously, how can you know so much? It's like she has an extra storage department installed in her brain.

At third period it was finally time for lunch. We had lunch with the four of us together, so that's nice. I saw that Amethyst and Pearl were talking about clouds being edible or not and what it would taste like. Hopefully this won't continue forever. I hope that Sapphire will talk to me in the future, she seems really nice. Maybe I should organise a slum-

My thoughts were interrupted by the annoying laugh of a person I know too much for my liking. Let me introduce to my personal stalker/clingy person who likes me waaayyy too much, Emerald.

As you can tell I really don't like her.

This day just keeps on getting better and better, doesn't it. What is the universe going to throw at me next? Wait, don't answer that. I will probably jinx that.

"Heeyyyy Ruby, how's it going? It's too bad that were not in the same homeroom, huh?"

"Emerald, I already told you that I don't like you that way. Please, can I just eat my lunch in peace?"

"Sure you can. But just so you know, I think you should just sit with me and yellow diamond in stead of these....", She looked over Pearl, Amethyst and Sapphire with a slight look of disgust, "people. Oh well, have fun. Just so you know, I am totally gonna watch your baseball practice. Byeee." She walked away hips swinging trying to imitate the Heathers but failing miserably.

"Who was that?", Pearl asked. "Don't worry about her. She's just an attention seeker who is madly in love with Ruby," Amethyst answered.

"You play baseball?"

I had to strain my ears to hear her, but there was no question as to who spoke.

Sapphire spoke. She finally spoke to me!

"Yeah, do you play?" I asked. "Are you kidding me? She was the best player at our previous school. Thanks to her, we even came close to winning the championships. But then we got defeated by the off-colours. They're really good," Pearl told us.

I looked at Sapphire in amazement. You tell me that this little, shy girl is so good at baseball that her school almost won the Regionals??!!! Woah, I can't wait to see her play. Wait a minute...

"Hey, maybe you can come to my baseball practice? That'd be awesome! Are you free after school? It's okay if you have oth-"

"Yes, I'd like that," Sapphire said. And then she proceeded to give me the tiniest smile.

Adorable.

"Awesome, can you guys come to watch?" I directed my face towards Amethyst and Pearl. Pearl had a frown on her face. "I'm sorry, but I have piano lessons after school. Maybe another time?" She asked, hopeful look in her eyes.

"Yeah, I can't as well," Amethyst said, "I have wrestling, but we could totally have a sleepover at my place at Friday. We could chill out and get to know each other better?"

"That sounds awesome Amethyst," I told her. Amethyst smirked at me "Are you all free Friday at 5:00 pm? Then you can come over. I'll text you my address." They all nodded, and it looked small, but I saw a blush forming on Pearls cheeks.

Pearl and Sapphire exchanged phone numbers with us (I and Amethyst already had each other's number) and Amethyst started a group chat.

"Awesome," said amethyst. The bell ringed, signalling the end of lunch break.

"Catch you later dudes, I gotta go to algebra," Amethyst greeted us.

"Bye amethyst," Pearl and I greeted.

"Come on guys, we have to get to music," Pearl said.

~ Le time skip brought to you by the pointy nose of pearl ~

Riiiiiiiinggg

Finallyyyyyyy, I thought this period would never end.

After seventh period was over (I and Sapphire had English while amethyst and pearl had P.E.) I met up with Sapphire at the front of the school. Together we walked to the dressing rooms next to the field. There we said goodbye so she could sit in the bleachers.

Then it was time for practice. Our coach, Navy, was making us do extra exercises and run extra laps to prepare us for the match next week. After what seemed like hours of running, sweating and panting, she said: "Okay guys, only 20 minutes left, so now we're going to play a short game. Go stand in a line and then I'll divide you into two teams".

We did as we were told. While I was waiting for coach to tell me which team I was on, I looked at the bleachers. Besides a (very desperate) frantically waving Emerald I saw Sapphire. I didn't know if she was looking at me because of her bangs, so I took the time to admire her face in the sunlight. The sun really makes her hair look more long and soft. I wonder how it would feel if I-

"Miss ruby, are you actually trying to pay attention or do I have to make you run another 10 laps, hmm?"

I swallowed hard as I looked at her. She's really pissed. There goes my good impression. "No coach. I will pay attention from now on. I'm sorry coach," I said with a stressed face. "Oh don't give me those apologies. You are on team 2. Now go stand there." I did as I was told with my head hung low of humiliation. Boy, that was close. I should really pay attention.

After a very uneventful game, it was time to go home (and probably do homework, but my procrastinational butt can't say no to YouTube and fanfiction (YES RUBY COME JOIN US IN THE WORLD OF FANFICS)). Then I went to see Sapphire, who was already waiting by the dressing rooms. So after I got out of my uniform and into my normal clothes, I went to see her, only to be interrupted by Emerald. Oh come on universe, what have I done to you??!!!!! (Maybe Zarkon is after you, you'll never know...)

"Heeyyy Rubes, good game! You really played well this practice," she told me in the most sugarcoated voice I have heard. "Oh yeah, thanks. Listen I really have to go meet with Sapphire. Bye." I walked away as fast as I could to Sapphire.

"Sorry Sapphire, I got a little held up by someone. Where do you live, I can take you home if you want," I asked her. "That won't be necessary, I'm afraid. I will be brought home by my mother." She looked over her shoulder to a car parked at the sidewalk at the school. "Maybe another time then. See you at school tomorrow! Have a safe ride home!" She didn't say anything, just smiled. Gosh, she's really pretty when she smiles... Wait, concentrate Ruby, you can't walk home like that. You won't concentrate on traffic! I then proceeded to walk to my house. It was a little chilly, but that didn't have any effect on my spirits.

See you tomorrow, Sapphire.