Prologue

Once upon a time in Equestria, there was a beautiful princess named Perla. She was a Unicorn with peach fur, a brown mane and tail,and vibrant hazel eyes. Yet she had all she ever wanted,the princess was spoiled and unkind(No offense @pvences1!  ), and taxed the villagers to fill her castle with the most beautiful objects and creatures. She had many servants who let her insult them,but deep down they were wanting to scream and shout angrily at her.

She clapped her hooves impatiently, and music began to play. A hippogriff named Novo began to sing while her daughter Skystar watched. Novo's adopted human daughter named Tsunami watched as their mother sang while they watched from the shadows. Perla stood up and danced with many stallions,but it all stopped when they heard somecreature knock on the doors. The doors flew open to reveal a hooded figure in the rain,who stepped inside the ballroom.

Perla pushed her way through the crowd,just as she saw the children. She told Capper to take the children to a safe place, and she walked up to the figure while Capper gently pushed the children, saying "Alright children,Princess Perla wants you two to hide,and to be quiet as you can be.". The girls nodded,and ran to a safe place. Capper watched as Perla walked up to the figure. It was an old Abyssinian,and she looked up at Perla.

She then held up a single rose,since she appeared to be mute. Perla laughed at her,and pointed to the outside of the garden. The Abyssiniann held the rose up again. Perla got ready to strike her,when the Abyssinian's eyes began to glow green. The Abyssinian glowed a sickly green,until her hideous appearance melted away to reveal a beautiful goddess.

Perla looked as stallions ran for their lives and the girls ran into the ballroom,concerned for their mother. A servant named Luna ran to them,yelling "Girls!Don't!". Perla screamed as the goddess slashed her right eye,turning it white. The goddess then transformed Perla into a changeling. Perla screamed in pain,then hissed as she slashed her portrait,ripping it.

The goddess transformed the servants into odd creatures,then erased all memories of them from their pony/creature relatives. The rose was actually an enchanted rose. If the last petal fell before Perla could learn to love and earn the pony's love in return, she would be doomed to remain a changeling forever. Who could learn to love a changeling?