Chapter 3-Differences

Dustin's P.O.V.

After I stormed out of Ella's room in anger I went to the bathroom. I take out the burn cream and bandages. I rub the cream on the burn mark and wrap the bandages around it. I bump into Harry on my way out.

He looked at my hand. "I'm guessing no one told her yet."

"No. It's for her own good." I say as I storm past him.

He follows. "Keeping her in the dark isn't good."

"Neither is telling her. She'll hurt herself." I say.

He stops me. "Dustin, I know you've been over protective after what's happened. We all are worried about her. But I've known her for most of my life. I know that she'll always do something that will hurt her."

I push him out of the way. "Not as much as before."

I walk down and out of the house. I morph and go running. I needed to clear my head.

She's reckless. She'll hurt herself. I can't let her get hurt anymore than she already has. I think.

So you're gonna hurt yourself just to protect her? Asked my wolf.

Yes. I need to keep her safe. I say.

What she needs is someone to be there for her. Not being locked up in her room. I agree that you should let her heal before you tell her, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't let her out of the room. My wolf said.

I promised her brother that I will protect her. I say.

Yeah, protect her not be a prison warden. Why don't you start acting like you use to. Everyone is avoiding you because you're acting so strict. Would your parents want you to treat everyone like that? He yells.

I stop in my tracks. You're right. I need to loosen up and be like my old self. I'm going back to apologize now. I say. I turn and start racing home.

After I morph back and get dressed I start to head upstairs to Ella's room. I hear a loud hammering sound from outside. I go out and walk over to the noise. I see the giant tree that is near Ella's window. I see Ella up their. She sat down with her legs hanging off the edge.

"Can I come up?" I ask.

She looked down at me. "Sure." She said.

There was a few boards that were meant to be a ladder that lead up to the floor. I climb up and sat next to Ella.

"Found some old boards. Thought I would build something." She said.

"It's nice. Just need walls and a ceiling." I say.

"Well it was hard enough to get this on my own. You would think that everyone would come out when they hear banging." She said.

"Everyone's out." I say.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"I don't see anyone." I say.

"Good point." She laughed.

"I thought you were'nt talking to anyone unless they told you what everyone was keeping from you?" I ask.

"I was. Then I started to build this and got twenty-seven splinters so that was the least of my problems." She said.

"You got splinters." I take one of her hands and start to look for splinters to get them out.

She pulls her hand away. "There all out." She said.