Reopening Old Wounds

*Kara's POV*

I head into work extra early today so I could start training. When I get there I notice Mon-el in the training room. "You're here early." I say.

"Uh.. yeah I wanted to get a headstart on training. I'm way behind, when I was gone I didn't train. I jogged a little that's it."

"Wanna spar with me?"

"Uh.." He hesitates. "Yeah, yeah sure." We spar for a few minutes until I push him up against a wall. I didn't mean to it just sorta happened. We were sparing and one thing led to another. "Uh." My breath hitches in my throat.

"I'm sorry." I let go of him.

"Um Kara." He scratches his beard. "I know that you said you wanted to be friends with me, but I'm sensing you want more. You have just been getting really close and making me feel a little uncomfortable. I have said it before, all I can give you is friendship and if you want it take it. But if not then I can't help you."

"I understand and I'm sorry. I just want you to know that I lov-"

"Don't Kara, don't you dare say it. A year ago you had the nerve to say that we were never in love. I loved you Kara and you just took my feelings and threw them away. You have no right to tell me you love me now. What did you think was gonna happen when I moved back here huh?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know, oh that is bull Kara." He gets up close to my face. "You thought that if I moved back here then it would be all sunshine and roses but that's not how the real world works."

"I miss you every day Mon-el. And I'm sorry if this is bad timing but I do love you."

"You're in love with the idea of me. If you really loved me you would have never pushed me away." I walk closer and grab his face.

"I do love you. With everything I have I love you." He takes my hands off. He starts looking away. "Please look me in the eye and tell me you don't love me. If you do that then I will stop and we will just go back to being friends." He doesn't move. "Look at me."

"I can't Kara!" He yells. "If I keep looking at you then I will want to kiss you and I can't do it. I can't do this right now Kara and I'm sorry." He starts walking away but I speed in front of him and crash my lips onto his. He pushes me back and looks at me sadly. The he brings me closer to him and brushes his lips against mine.

"You still love me too, admit it."

"I have to go see Naomi." He runs off and I am left there heartbroken. I sit against the wall and a few minutes later Alex walks in.

"What happened Kara?" She sits next to me and rubs my back.

"I... I told him I loved him and we kissed but he's with Naomi."

"Honey, Naomi doesn't stand a chance. Trust me. I have seen the girls that get stuck between you and Mon-el, and it is not a great place to be."

"Yeah, neither is the place I'm at."

"Are you kidding? You're Kara Zor-el. The guy followed you across the galaxies to show you how much he loves you."

"You think he still does?"

"It has always been Mon-el and Kara. You guys are meant to be together. It's the way it's supposed to be. So go and get your man. And this time if he says he loves you please say it back."

"Okay, thank you." I hug her and stand up. I fly to Mon-el's apartment and knock on the door. The door opens and Naomi is crying. "Naomi, I'm sorry. I never wanted--"

"Mon-el asked me to marry him." She says holding up the ring. I look at Mon-el in the eyes and he just looks down.