Chapter 2

Today.

Today's the day where I'll be officially presented as an omega; I'll have to choose some "appropriate" alpha to bond with, who will fulfil the role of heir to the throne. Today, will be my crowning ceremony and many suitors will be there to compete for a chance to be my mate.

Jaemin, my trustworthy servant and best friend, is very excited for me - and for himself too. He always dreamed of being able to meet a nice alpha, who will pamper him and treat him lovingly - not that I didn't have done that before though...

However though, most omegas like me would be counting the minutes for this day, but I feel exceptionally... pissed? Nah that's not... maybe, agitated? Not likely. Perhaps, snappy?

I feel like there's definitely something wrong, like it just doesn't feel right. Jaemin, being a good friend and sensitive omega he is, could sense something odd too.

"Your Highness, what's wrong? What's got you all worked up?"

Oh no. He only calls me "Your Highness" either when we are in front of my father or when he knows something is wrong with me.

"N-Nothing, I'm fine..." I mumbled.

He turned to face me and suddenly grabbed my shoulders, scanning me from head to toe. Feeling my shoulders tense up under his touch, he raised his brows and just stared at me.

I sighed.

We knew each other long enough to be able to communicate with one another through few gestures and right now I can tell that he's doubting me. He can tell that I'm lying through my teeth.

I lowered my eyes, just casually glaring at the floor, remaining silent. I didn't want him to find out what was happening inside my head.

After a few moments, he slumped his shoulders in defeat. In a calm tone, he said, "Alright, if you don't want to talk about it, then I won't try to make you do that. But just to make it clear, you know that if there's anything, and I mean anything, you don't feel comfortable with, just call me and I'll be there with you, okay?"

I simply nodded and pulled him in for a hug.

"I am truly happy for you. You know, there are many omegas like you, like us actually, who really longed for this day to happen. But you don't look like you're enjoying yourself at all..." Jaemin trailed off, mumbling in my ear.

"I'm worried, you know that?"

I grinned at him and kissed his cheek in affection. "Don't worry too much, I'll be fine. Enjoy yourself, okay?" I assured him.

.

.

.

"Your Highness, it is time."

At this point, my headache was already killing me and I was sweating profusely. It had started a while ago when I entered the grand hall, with all eyes upon the newcomer until I took my seat.

I slowly stood from my seat situated in the front row and headed up the steps.

My head spun, my vision turned groggy. I couldn't walk straight and started to have difficulty breathing.

Recognizing the symptoms, Jaemin rushed up to my side and grabbed my arms to steady myself.

I was going into a panic attack.

"Jae-Jaemin, w-what's hap-happening?" I spoke in between gasps.

"Shh-shhh... just breathe. Calm down, its okay..." He murmured under his breath.