Chapter 2 (Meeting)

Myra awoke with a start, a cold sweat resting on her skin. She breathed slow and steady to calm her heartbeat. Just a dream, Myra assured herself. Just a terribly horrible dream. Myra looked over at her potion brewing stand. The latest batch of Super Stimulation Potion was done which meant she could use it on Soldier. She grabbed the flask and an antidote before heading back to the exhausted man, "Hey Soldier?" He slowly looked at her, "I need you to sit up so you don't accidentally choke." Carefully he sat up and she handed him the flask, "Drink this than the antidote right after. This potion has a chance to give poisoning, but it's main effect will help you recover faster." Soldier compiled and drank. He paused for a moment before snatching the antidote as fast as he could, looking rather green. Myra giggled, "Yeah, it might've been good if I warned you about the flavor too." Soldier gave her a glare before he chugged down the fluid and lied back down, falling asleep almost immediately.

Myra giggled a little more before taking the empty flasks, cleaned them, and put them away. She then went to the place she had been going for the last couple of days to calm herself and clear her mind. An entrance to the sewers. Although the smell somewhat bothered her the slow moving water calmed her like it always had in the past, but since she joined the war and the Red team it didn't help as much as she would like.

Echos of the nightmare and the previous battles rang through her head. The screams, the bodies, the injured, the gun shots, the pleads, the explosions, the fear, and most of all the madness of death by her own hands. She looked at her hands seeing an illusion of blood and screamed, shoving them into the sewer water, ignoring the possible hygiene problems she probably would have later, trying to wash the memories away as she sobbed, "You signed the contract Myra!" She cried out thinking no one could hear her, "You choose this! Yes you're a Medic, but you're still in a war!.. But... I don't want to hurt anyone." She pulled her legs close to herself as the tears fell.

"I do not blame jou for not wanting to cause harm or kill mon chérie." Myra jumped as she realised the spy standing in the entrance of the sewers. Where'd he come from? I didn't hear a decloak... Is he? She stopped thinking about it so she could say it.

"You're... You're..." She stuttered. Great this nightmare is stopping me from saying he's a Blu! Am I really that afraid of them when I'm alone?.. But he doesn't look like the one in the dream... Huh.

"A Blu Spy?" He asked finishing the sentence that Myra's tongue refused to let her speak, "Honestly Medic, if I wanted jou dead, jou'd already be dead." Fairpoint. Myra then realised he was waist deep in sewer water. How? It's not that deep!.. Is it?

"Are you gonna get out of the water? It must be cold and you'll ruin your suit." Myra commented allowing her compassionate heart and jokester like attitude take hold of her actions. Even though they were from different teams, that never stopped Myra from sharing kindness to others outside of battle.The Spy just shrugged at her remarks.

"I don't really mind, battle ruins mon suit plenty without me even trying. Plus the water's not that bad and I should know, I come here often. Unlike mon base, this is quiet, and no I've not been spying on jour base... Though I have to wonder why jou have been coming here more often." Myra tensed.

"Have you been here every time I come down here!?" Myra asked a little disturbed,

"Oui. But if it calms jou that is an understandable reason." He walks closer to her, "It is always good to talk about feelings and jou can be assured that jou will never see moi in battle. I can be a good secret keeper when I want to be." Myra scooted away and felt something wet and abnormal brush against her hand. She jumped in surprise, but slipped and fell into the water with a yelp.

Myra coughed and shivered from the cold water that clung to her clothes as the enemy Spy lifted her out of the sewer water and brought her close to his chest in an attempt to warm her, "N-no." Myra stuttered.

"What?" The Spy asked not fully understanding her voice,

"Please, no." Myra pushed against his chest in a weak attempt to get away.

"Jou don't have to be afraid, I'll help jou." He turned to face the shore.

"NO!" Myra shoved against the Blu Spy with a sudden strength that it startled said Spy, and he ended up dropping her in surprise. Myra's limbs locked up in the cold water as she tried to move out of it. The Spy tried to help her, but she still fought against help from an enemy. Eventually (Approximately 6 minutes.) Myra passed out from the cold and the Spy finally managed to lift her out of the water.

"Tsk, tsk. Jou foolish Medic. This could've been avoided if jou had let me help." The Spy slightly growled, "Jou feel like ice." He whispered as he placed Myra against his chest once more to warm her, "Now then, what to do with jou..." He looks towards the Red base, "I can't get jou back there quickly or safely, and I can't take you through the sewers. Too cold and wet..." Myra instinctively curled up closer to the warmth the Blu Spy was radiating. He smiled "Very well ma petit chou-fleur. I'll keep jou here till morning or until jou recover, whichever comes first."

Myra awoke just as the sun was coming up, her back ached from the position she was in. Wait... Where am I!? Myra thought as she opened her eyes and saw the Blu Spy still holding her looking exhausted and slightly asleep. OK, not the best place to end up, but he helped me so he has that going for him. She tensed when the Spy shifted, "Ah jour awake mon chérie." He said with gratitude,

"Have you... Have you been standing like this all night!?" Myra asked concerned for the man's well being,

"Oui, but jou have recovered and that's what matters." He lightly smiled, walked over to the shore, and placed her onto solid ground, "Jou should get back to jour base before they start wondering where jou are." He leans back into the water and tries to wipe the exhaustion from his amber eyes,

"You should do the same, and get some rest, Spy." Myra responded, compassion in her voice. She started to walk away when she stopped and asked, "Can I have your name?" Myra looked back at the Spy who was giving her a wide grin showing off some pointy white teeth,

"Of course. Mon nom est Archin. Jours?" He replied,

"Oh! I'm Myra! Thanks for helping me Archin!" With that Myra ran off,

"And I never got to ask why..." Archin muttered before swimming back into the sewers, his many limbs splashing in the water behind him.