Chapter 11

Hi everyone!

I know it has literally been a whole month since I updated - I'm so sorry, work just got crazy with Financial Year End (boring stuff!) and reports and trips just pilled up and I literally had no time to dedicate to my writing.

However, here it is now! It's an emotional and depressing chapter just so you know.

The next one, Chapter 12, will be extra special - we'll have a one-off POV of Captain Hunter himself! Who's excited?!

Can't wait for your guys to see what he's going through after the events of the last chapter!

Happy Readings,

Sophie xx

_____________

The tiny boat slid easily on the water. The mist was dense and quite honestly, I was terrified I would be crushed by one of the massive ships that certainly floated around me. Sylas had helped me into the boat, they had even given me a push, and here I was now, what seemed like hours later, floating above the water, shivering and wet from head to toe – I couldn't work out the damn paddles, and I had filled the little boat with water up to my waist. I heard The Hound disappear into the mist, the men's voices muffled as they sailed away, and now I could hear the Armada closing in. I only prayed and hoped Hunter and his men had been able to escape with plenty of miles ahead of the Commodore.

A boat appeared in the distance, and I heard a man yell he could see me. Two small paddling boats descended into the sea, and they rowed my way. Finally, I could get out of that freezing and wet enclosure. My heart was broken, and my only hope and reason to be happy were knowing that Hunter would live and that my brother Simon must've escaped by now. One could only pray and hope when time came to dock in Port Royal again, Simon had disappeared, and that Hunter would protect him.

The men from the two boats reached me and helped me slide across. I had a bit coat over my shoulders, someone checking my head for bruises and I could hear my father's voice yelling out for me in the distance. This was it... I was going... home.

As soon as I reached the ship, daddy ran to hug me. He put his arms tight around me, his red coat was soft and smelled like flowers, his white-grey wig prickled my nose. I felt my chest tight, looking around and seeing only mist and people I didn't know, people I did not love. Then, I saw my fiancé, standing by Captain Cael, and my chest tightened. I softly pushed daddy away, paced to both men. The Commodore put up a polite side smile as if to acknowledge my presence, and I pulled my fist back, throwing it right at Captain Cael's conceited face. He yelped as my knuckles smashed his nose, and I winced at the pain - maybe I broke a finger...

"You bloody whore!" Cael yelled.

"Captain!" My father yelled, quickly placing himself between myself and that horrible man "Careful with your tongue, as you risk losing it!"

Cael's eyes squinted at me, and I tossed my nose up in the air, not bothered by his threats at all.

"My dear, you look even worse than when I last saw you!" The Commodore sighed, grabbing mu hurt hand and kissing the knuckles; I wanted to vomit "Let's get you to my quarters so you can clean and rest. Some food for the lady, please" He asked one of the men.

I let him guide me away, my heart a hard and cold stony block on my chest, my soul shattered and my head throbbing in pain. I could not care less about anybody's feelings, interests or concerns. All of them, all three of them, had their own agenda.

Charles my title and father's support through marriage.

Captain Cael, money and probably a pardon, while he was at it.