The Ranch

Before I start this I still have to catch up on RWBY Volume 6, some things have been spoiled for me, if there's anything about Salem please don't spoil it, I've been waiting for this Volume and they aren't putting it to YouTube.

Y/N POV (age 15)
I was sitting on the roof, above all the cattle. I was looking at the revolvers my father gave me. I called them Jekyll and Hyde, since they can be your worst enemy or your best friend. I looked up to see my little sister, no more than 4, run up and began talking.
Silvia: Big Brother!
Me: hey Silvia.
Silvia: mama wants you to come back to the house, it's getting dark.
Me: sure thing.
I got off the roof and followed her inside the house.
Mom: grab that piece of wood and start barricading the windows.
I put my revolvers in their holsters, I tilted my hat forward and I started nailing wood to the windows. We do this every night, the night hoards of Grimm like to come and disrupt the family, every time a few cattle will pass, my grandfather gave me this hat before he went out to save his prized goat....which is dead.
Mom: move quick honey!
Me: Darkness! I never secured his stall!
Mom: Y/N wait!
I ran out of the house to the horse stall, we had beautiful white and brown horses, then there's mine, a big black horse, I found him a few months ago, only 3 years old but he's my partner.
Me: hey Darkness
I closed the gate and closed the curtains to all the horses.
Me: be good.
I ran back to the house and slammed the door behind me. My father ran in the front door and slammed it and locked it.
Dad: under the beds kids!
We nodded and ran up the stairs and hid under my bed.
Silvia: I hate Grimm.
Me: so do I
The house began shaking a bit. I heard my father downstairs.
Dad: Shit it's a Goliath!
Me: Goliath?!
3rd POV
The elephant Grimm bashed through the barricades and let out a war cry.
Bill: get the kids out of here Edna!
Edna nodded and ran to the stairs to get the kids.
Edna: you have to leave kids.
Y/N: mom....what's going on?
A tusk went through the floor, Y/N's eyes widened.
Y/N: I think I know what's going on.
Silvia: what's going to happen?
Edna: you two will live out your life, be strong.
Y/N: what the hell are you on about? We can take this thing!
Edna: no.
She threw Y/N out the window and Silvia as well, when Y/N landed face first into the dirt and got up, the house fell from being unstable. All that could be seen was their mother's hand.
Y/N: NO!
Silvia began to cry.
Y/N: sorry baby sis!
He picked her up and began running, he was holding back tears but he knew sooner or later he would break. Y/N saddled up Darkness and got on.
Y/N: let's get the hell out of here!
They ran in front of the other stables, unlocking and opening them so the other horses could be free, the same with the cattle. Y/N turned Darkness and ran into the hoard.
Silvia: what are you doing!?
Y/N: something fucked, don't look.
Darkness began to pick up speed, as they ran Y/N pulled out one of his revolvers and began shooting the Grimm that were directly in front of them. He looked to his left to see a feminine figure on top of a hill, she had pale white skin and a black dress, it was the Salem, a woman not many knew about.
Y/N: Son of a bitch!
Darkness picked up the pace as Salem watched in the distance.
Salem: so the boy and the girl live....this could be interesting.
Timeskip to town.
They made it to a town that had everything cowboy related, from a saloon to a shooting range.
?????: well if it ain't Y/N M/N L/N.
Y/N: hey Steven.
Steven: how you doing? Where's the family?
Y/N: dead, the house literally came down on them.
Steven: ah hell man I'm sorry, why don't you seem so upset?
Y/N: I....really don't know....