ch.2

CH2

Squidward groaned as he yanked his shell phone off the hook, wondering who could possibly be calling him now, half expecting it to be Spongebob, probably to brag about his, seemingly exciting night last night, with who ever was in that limo.

“Hello?” Squidward sang, “hey Squiddy.” Squilliam sang back, “Oh, Squilliam Fancyson?” Squidward gasped, “My arch rival from band class? What do you want?” Squidward asked, placing his hand on his hip.

“You don't sound so happy to hear my voice, is it a crime to want to talk to an old friend?” squilliam asked as he twirled the phone cord around his finger.

“Friend? Since when have we ever been friends?” Squidward asked, and Squilliam awed, “Look, I know that I haven't been the nicest cephalopod in the ocean, but it's not too late to want to make it up to you, is it?” squilliam asked, Squidward hummed, was this trick question?

“I was just calling to see if you’d care to join me for lunch today, i was in town, and i just seen this, amazing looking cafe, and, I just knew that you’d love it, so, how bout it? For old times sake? I'm buying.” Squilliam insisted.

“Oh, I dunno, it sounds fun and all, but knowing you, it's probably some trick to rub your success in my face.” squidward said, “it's not, i promise, that was the old me, i've changed, and, i want to make things right between us.”

Squidward sighed, he couldn't really refuse, it would sure as heck beat working with that annoying yellow dweeb.

Spongebob yawned as he stretched his arms over his head, sliding off his bed, stretching as he made his way to the kitchen with a small limp, but it still wasn't as bad as when he came home last night, glad to see that his sheets were actually dry this time, seems like that night at Squilliam’s really did the trick.

Spongebob hummed as he handed Gary his food, before grabbing himself a muffin and a glass of milk, “Meow?” Gary questioned, Spongebob glanced at him before taking his seat, “Mind your business.” Spongebob murmured, “Meow?” Spongebob sighed as he unfolded the paper wrapper around the muffin, “It doesn't matter who it was with, Gary, it was just a one night stand.”

“Meow.”

Spongebob sighed, “It was a one time thing, why should he care? It's not like he's my Boyfriend or anything. Plus, what he doesn't know, won't hurt em, right? And You wouldn't say anything, would you?” He questioned the snail.

“Meow.” Spongebob smiled, “Good, see nothing to worry about..” “Meow?” “what do you mean what if he found out, he Won't find out, and even if he did, id tell him the same thing i told you, he can't get upset over something so stupid.”

“You're making me feel dirty, i don't even know why you care? It helped you sleep, didn't it?” he asked before he left the room.

Spongebob stepped outside, taking in the smell of the lovely salty sea air from the ocean, the warmth from the sun wrapping him in a hug before he turned his attention towards Squidward, who was also smelling the lovely morning water.

"Beautiful day out, isn't it, Squiddy ol' buddy." Spongebob waved as he walked down the paved road to meet up with his neighbor, his smile fading as he caught sight of the annoying yellow sponge.

Squidward took a quick glance, he seemed back to normal, than what he was like just yesterday, "Yeah, a beautiful day. It's a shame that most of it will be wasted at The Krusty dump, or at least until lunch." he smiled, and Spongebob smiled back at him.

"Oh? and, are you doing something special for lunch? What is it?" he asked, and Squidward scoffed, "As if I'd tell you.. but then, well.. I don't want to brag but.. Im supposed to meet up with an old friend of mine." Squidward informed.